132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
This job has Expired
Full-Time Instructor - Cosmetology
Full-Time Instructor ï¿½ Cosmetology
Business - Dept
Starting Salary Range
Low 40's to Upper 50's
- Professional Development
- Curriculum Development
- Collegial Responsibilities
- Actively participate in efforts focused on the Collegeï¿½s operational success.
- Current State of Michigan Cosmetology license.ï¿½ ï¿½
- Current State of Michigan Cosmetology Instructor license.
- Two years of cosmetology experience in a licensed salon plus an additional year of licensed salon experience and/or in teaching Cosmetology in a private or public cosmetology school.
- A Bachelorï¿½s Degree in a field relevant to Cosmetology from an accredited institution.* ï¿½
- Evidence of capacity to communicate clearly and effectively in both oral and written communications. ï¿½
- Innovative, flexible and positive teaching style and understanding the needs of students from diverse backgrounds.
- Language Skills:ï¿½ Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.ï¿½ Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.ï¿½ Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. ï¿½
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Reasoning Ability:ï¿½ Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.ï¿½ Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Technology Skills:ï¿½ Ability to integrate computer applications into teaching.
- Other Skills and Abilities:ï¿½ Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and college objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned.ï¿½ Ability to establish and maintain collegial relationships with students, peers, staff, and administrators; skill in oral and written communication.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- A Masterï¿½s degree in a field relevant to Cosmetology from an accredited institution.
- Three years experience in a licensed Cosmetology salon and two years experience in teaching Cosmetology in a private or public cosmetology school.
- Ability to produce high-quality courseware to be delivered through multiple approaches, including lecture and WEB-style delivery.
- Evidence of continuing professional development in the Cosmetology profession.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- The employee must be able to move about 2/3 of the time and be stationary about 1/3 of the time.ï¿½ They are required to be mobile around campus for participant involvement/activities.
- The employee must be able to converse with individuals on a regular basis with the ability to read, analyze, and interpret their needs via phone conversations, face-to-face conversations, or written documentation. ï¿½
- The employee must be able to utilize all programs on a computer independently and efficiently (particularly the internet, Word, and the student database).
- The employee must be able to present information in an instructional setting and respond to questions from groups.
- Must be able to tolerate frequent exposure to a wide variety of chemicals which are common to the industry.ï¿½ Must be able to handle and mix chemicals properly and safely; and wear appropriate gloves.
For Detailed Job Description Click Here
Visa sponsorship is not available.
The College is unable to assist with travel expenses.
Unofficial transcripts of qualifying degree are required at the time of application. You may upload additional related transcripts under Optional Documents or combine transcripts into one file (preferred method).
Reposted; previous applicants do not need to reapply.
Open until sufficient pool.
Additional Application Deadline Information
The College reserves the right to cancel the search at any time.
Equal Opportunity Statement
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*