132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 32 New Jobs Today.
Dean of Student Services
Dean of Student Services
Depends on Qualifications
The Dean of Students Services for State Fair Community CollegeÂ serves as the collegeâ€™s leader for services provided to students including enrollment management and retention, testing, financial aid, veteranâ€™s services, housing, registrar, Title IX, disability services, health services, and extracurricular projects, as well as serving as a strategic partner on the Executive Leadership Team.Â
In addition, the Dean of Student Services serves as an advocate for students, and shares information with students, colleagues, and other interested parties that promote student success, retention, and graduation. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Academic and Student Success and creates a culture of learning and engagement for State Fair Community College students by applying student development theories and learning outcomes that promote students' academic and personal success, thereby increasing student satisfaction and student retention.
This position directly supervises or has oversight for the following areas: Associate Dean of Enrollment Management (Admissions, Student Success and Retention, Programming and Recruitment) Financial Aid and Veteran Services, Registrarâ€™s Office, TRiO Student Success Services, Testing and Disability Resources Center and Residence Life and Student Life.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
- Hire, develop, manage and lead personnel within the department.
- Manage Student Services Budget
- Facilitate review of all service areas
- Implement continuous quality improvement measures
- Represent Student Service areas on the Executive Leadership Team
- Serve as Title IX Coordinator
- Training of Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Oversee all Title IX complaints and investigations
- Serve as Campus Judicial Officer
- Hear and adjudicate all student appeals
- Student Code of Conduct enforcement
- Facilitate resolution of all formal complaints
- Investigator for all complaints related to:
- Section 504
- Title IX
- Age Discrimination
- Title VI
- All other areas of non-discrimination and harassment related to students.
- Monitor compliance requirements for institution
- Monitor, develop and implement strategies for enrollment management
- Designated School Official (DSO) for SEVIS International Student Database
- Organize student recognition events.
The preceding duties are examples of the essential types of work performed by positions within this job classification but are not all inclusive. Â Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments as needed.Â
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
- A Masterâ€™s degree in Education, or related field, from an accredited institution.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible higher education leadership, administration, supervisory and/or administrative management experience, preferably focused in student affairs
- Strong understanding of higher education institution policies, specifically related to admissions, enrollment and student conduct Â
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and accountability
- Working knowledge of statutes and practices regarding state/local regulations as they relate to higher education, specifically student rights
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills
- A successful record of interaction with institutions, government officials, outside agencies, vendors and the community
- Exhibit an ability to â€œthink outside the boxâ€ and lead system change
- Demonstrate experience in supporting senior leadershipâ€™s vision and institutional priorities
- Some understanding of Title IX and management of student conduct
- Experience working in/with Community Colleges
- PhD or EdD
- Familiarity with Banner ERP SystemÂ
- Strong understanding and 3+ years of Title IX experience
Why Work at State Fair Community College:
SFCC provides relevant and responsive learning experiences that empower our students and communities to prosper. Â As part of our strategic plan we want to ensure, and optimize, institutional health by establishing and promoting a culture of employee well-being, making SFCC the premier choice for employment in our area.
As part of our commitment to be the employer of choice, SFCC offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that, in addition to a base salary, includes:
- $10,000 a year in paid health and dental coverage for our employees
- 12 days per year vacation, which employees start accruing day one
- 15 days per year in sick time, again start accruing day one of employment
- Generous time off with the closing of campus for holidays and breaks totaling 29 days per year in addition to vacation and sick time
- Tuition Waivers (scholarships for SFCC and CMU) that cover 100% of the tuition for our employees and covered dependents up to a Bachelorâ€™s Degree and 100% covered tuition for our employees on a Masterâ€™s Degree through CMU
- Educational Advancement â€“ Faculty can apply to move up a level on the salary schedule or staff can apply for an additional $1,000 to their salary upon completion of an additional degree.
- A lucrative retirement plan through the Missouri Teachers Retirement Program (PSRS/PEERS, 14.5% or 6.86% contribution respectively)
- Flexible work and scheduling options
Â Employment will require a criminal background check at College Expense
Please apply electronically with resume, cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
AA Statement:Â SFCC is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of State Fair Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities or employment as required by law in regard to admissions, awarding financial aid, access to courses and programs, and all student services as well as the recruitment, admission and retention of students.
As part of our enduring commitment to inclusive excellence on our campus, State Fair Community College, is a member of theÂ Greater Missouri Higher Education Recruitment ConsortiumÂ (HERC). HERC supports job seekers through the higher education job search process and it supports institutions in their efforts to create inclusive recruitment, hiring, and retention practices for staff and faculty.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*