132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
This job has Expired
Adjunct Faculty - Phlebotomy
New River Community and Technical College is seeking applications for Adjunct Faculty to teach day and/or evening Phlebotomy courses at campuses in Princeton, Beaver, and Lewisburg, WV.
Examples of Duties
Adjunct Faculty must adhere to all New River CTC policies and guidelines in the delivery of course material and in the assessment of students and the classes being taught. General responsibilities include the following:
- Facilitate classroom instruction.
- Teach assigned class in accordance with the learning objectives and session plan outline.
- Present a course syllabus that addresses the requirements of the college and the department for each class taught; syllabus must be complete and available when the class is first open to the students
- The expectations of students for each class taught must be clearly communicated at the beginning of each class
- Engage students in a meaningful, fulfilling, and valuable educational experience.
- Select and compile test, assignments, and/or discussion activities as a measurement of performance relative to the standardized learning objectives.
- Evaluate student performance.
- Instructors must record and maintain complete and accurate records of student grading and achievement
- Maintain weekly attendance records according to New River CTCÂ standards.
- Final grades for each class must be turned in by the specified date
- Adhere to all requirements for student privacy (FERPA)
- Adhere to timelines established for instruction
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma, GED
- Over two (2) years asÂ Phlebotomist, Medical Assistant, or related experience
- Associate Degree
- Current Certification
- Previous teaching experienceÂ
Reports to:Â Â Dean for Transfer and Pre-Professional Programs
These are part-time, non-benefits eligible positions. Â Pay will be based on the current adjunct faculty salary schedule. Â No sponsorship is available.
Application review will begin immediately. Positions are open until filled. In addition to providing a complete online application, you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae/ResumeÂ
- UnofficialÂ Transcript:Â A copy of your academic transcript(s) from an accredited institution must be attached with your application. If you have academic credentials from non-U.S. institutions, you will need to include an evaluation of your credentials.Â
Only applicants who have uploaded all required completed documents and who meet minimum qualifications will be considered.Â Candidates who apply to this posting will only be contacted in the event they are selected for an interview.Â Â All positions are subject to funding availability.Â Â
For campus safety information and crime statistics/Annual Security Report, see www.newriver.eduÂ or contact the Office of Campus Safety at 304-929-5026 for a printed copy.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*