132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Assistant Professor, Psychology
Assistant Professor, Psychology
Alliance University is a Private University established in Karnataka State by Act No. 34 of the year 2010. The University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi.
Alliance University with its vibrant and picturesque campus in Bangalore, India offers multidisciplinary undergraduate and postgraduate majors to students from diverse backgrounds. Alliance Education, defined by excellence through an agile and market-driven approach in the faculties of Management Studies & Commerce; Science & Technology; Humanities, Liberal Arts & Social Sciences is guided by the core values of the University.
As a top-ranked university, Alliance University offers programs in Business Management, Engineering, Law, Liberal Arts, Economics, Science, and Applied Mathematics.
For more details, visit: www.alliance.edu.in
Alliance University invites applications for its Alliance School of Liberal Arts from highly accomplished professionals for the position of Assistant Professor in Psychology.
Job Title: Assistant Professor – Psychology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Continuously enrich the deliverables on learning aims of the curriculum for undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- Guide, lead, and mentor students in research projects.
- Evaluate, monitor, and mentor students’ academic progress.
- Create, innovate and implement career-enhancement programs and activities.
- Assess, review and evaluate student activities and progress.
- Be instrumental in helping students secure career opportunities in areas of Psychology.
- Be instrumental in challenging the way students think, learn, and develop their understanding of academic disciplines.
- Develop core curriculum and deliver course material effectively.
- Publishing research, attending conferences and delivering presentations to build a strong research network.
- Make the best use of tools and technologies to facilitate understanding of students.
- To undertake research, either as an individual or with colleagues, of a level and quality that will result in regular publication in top-ranked international journals.
- Writing proposals to secure research funding.
- Organizing seminars and events to interact with established industry professionals.
- Review methods and teaching materials to make recommendations for improvement.
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably required.
- Demonstrated interest and competence in establishing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- A strong desire to publish in prestigious journals with the possibility to get outside funding for research initiatives Ph.D. in Psychology or related areas from a top-notch institution.
- Demonstrated experience & proven track record in teaching to contribute to the PG/UG courses in Psychology including the supervision of bachelor’s and master’s theses.
- Great interpersonal skills with an effective understanding of pedagogical tools and processes.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology or related areas from a top-notch institution with strong research and academic background.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Psychology are mandatory.
Eligibility: A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned / relevant/allied area.
Vacancy: Multiple vacancies in the department of Psychology. Priority would be given to candidates available to join immediately.
Role: Teaching & Research
Compensation & Benefits: Alliance University offers competitive salaries commensurate with an applicant’s qualifications and experience. The University supports research through grants and incentives for publications. Additionally, the University offers subsidized campus housing, food, transport, insurance, and other benefits.
Industry: Education / Training
Functional Area: Teaching, training, and research
Employment Type: Full Time
Key Skills: Creative teaching, presentation, communication, innovative research, people engagement, and networking skills.
Apply to the open position by sending your updated CV and Cover Letter (highlighting your achievements, career goals, and ways in which you can contribute to Alliance University) to email@example.com. Quote AU/REC2022/THEUNIJOBS/AP- PSYCH as a reference in your email subject line.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*