Campus Manager (Part Time) Northeast College- Staff Pool
Campus Manager (Part Time) Northeast College- Staff Pool
Full Job Description
Assist and support the Senior Campus Manager in maintaining a positive and safe learning environment for administrators, faculty, staff, students, and visitors of HCCS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate; supervise directly or through the appropriate personnel all campus activities, as required.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with the coordination of maintenance activities.
- Establish and maintain a positive learning environment for administrators, faculty, staff and students of HCCS.
- Serve as safety officer for sites, coordinating all ongoing training through the Director of Safety.
- Coordinate security issues with the on-site security personnel.
- Maximize classroom utilization in conjunction with instructional staff.
- Assist with and coordinate student services activities on the campus through the Dean of Student Success.
- Assist and coordinate with student service disciplinary cases as needed.
- Provide oversight of cashiering functions.
- Provide oversight of shipping, receiving, and inventory control and mail services.
- Supervise and evaluate Campus Manager’s staff, according to established college policies and procedures.
- Report and coordinate as needed, all maintenance activities in cooperation with the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Provide on-site supervision of housekeeping and coordinate room set-up as needed.
- Coordinate with appropriate personnel all add, moves of furniture and equipment at location.
- Assist the College Operations Officer in the preparation of the departmental budget.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Bachelor’s degree required.
One (1) year work experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to organize, plan and develop appropriate campus/ center activities
- Ability to work with people and have a service oriented philosophy
- Demonstrated computer skills, i.e. word processing and spreadsheets
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.
Houston Community College (HCC) is an open-admission, public institution of higher education offering a high-quality, affordable education for academic advancement, workforce training, career development and lifelong learning to prepare individuals in our diverse communities for life and work in a global and technological society. We’re proud to say that 98 percent of our graduates step into a job in their field of study immediately upon graduation. One of the largest community colleges in the nation, HCC has served the Greater Houston area for over four decades. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Schools Commission on Colleges, we offer 300+ associate degree and certificate programs to 75,000+ students across 13 Centers of Excellence and online each semester. We are proud to be No.1 among all community colleges in the nation in providing associate degrees to minorities and No.1 in educating international students, with 10.4 percent of our student population from outside the USA. Our vision is to become the Employer of Choice in support of our mission for Student Success by attracting, retaining and motivating the best employees.
Some of the brightest minds in academics and business are choosing HCC as their teaching home. When you join our talented faculty team, you’ll play a special role as teacher, mentor and academic advisor. We’ll support you in your professional development as you contribute your knowledge and expertise to HCC, our students and the community.
You: Innovator. Pacesetter. Agent of change. If you’re a tech savvy, process improvement-focused Student Champion with a talent for developing partnerships with communities and individuals, we’re looking for you.
Highlights: We are currently seeking an exceptional individual who will advance the institution’s proud tradition of excellence in academics, student life and community service.
Next steps: If you always have the student experience in the forefront of your planning and execution, if you’re a collaborator, an innovator and a person who gets things done, apply today!
Houston is a city with limitless possibilities:
- Fourth-largest city in the U.S. and home to 54 Fortune 500 companies, second only to New York City’s 55.
- Approximately 145 languages are spoken here.
- Overall after-taxes living costs are 5.6 percent below the average for all 308 urban areas recently surveyed.
- Houston is a major-league sports town, and don’t forget the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.
- The weather is great! Mild winters ensure that outdoor activities can be enjoyed year-round.
- World-renowned medical care. The Houston metro area has long been known for its first-rate healthcare system, with many Houston area hospitals consistently ranking among the nation’s top institutions.
- With over 150 museums and cultural institutions in the Greater Houston area, museums are a large part of Houston’s cultural scene.
- Houston is the Culture & Culinary Capital of Texas with more than 7,500 restaurants and eating establishments covering 60+ cuisines.
If this sounds like the role for you and you’re ready to join an amazing team, please apply right away.
It is the policy of the Houston Community College System to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran’s status. Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact the Employment Services Office at (713) 718-8565.
HCC values its employees and their contributions, promotes opportunities for their professional growth and development, and provides a positive working and learning environment that encourages diversity, innovation and creativity, and inclusion.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*