Business Temporary Part-Time Instructor Pool
College of the Siskiyous, located at the base of majestic Mt. Shasta, is seeking part-time Business Instructors.
Under the direction of the Dean of CTE, the assignment will be to provide instruction in business and related courses online or face to face.
Provide instruction in Accounting and Business Applications in an online or face to face environment.
- Master's degree in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing or business education OR
- Master's degree in economics, personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B degree AND a bachelor's degree in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing or business education OR
- Master's degree in personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree AND a bachelor's degree in economics with a business emphasis OR
- The equivalent
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Note: Applicants applying under “equivalency” must provide detailed written documentation explaining how their academic preparation is equivalent to the degrees listed.
Online Instructor Requirement: Online instructors must be certified in the college’s LMS, Canvas, prior to being assigned an online course. Instructors may provide evidence of Canvas LMS certification from another entity, and should include their certificate with their application.
- Community college teaching experience with students at multiple skill levels.
- Proven ability or demonstrated potential to deliver instruction in a variety of formats: individualized instruction, online instruction, video conferencing, and traditional classroom instruction.
- Work experience in private or public sector business.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of diverse learning styles and teaching strategies.
- Knowledge of evaluation and assessment methods.
- Abiltiy to design, review and evaluate curriculum, and make recommendations to maintain program currency for both transfer and vocational students.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
Knowledge & Abilities:
Salary : The salary range is $51.94 to $63.99 per hour depending upon education.
The salary is $32.00 per hour for Adult Education. (Non-Credit)
Adjunct employees have the choice of two retirement plans. CalSTRS (California State Teachers Retirement System), and APPLE (Accumulation Program for Part-Time and Limited Service Employees.)
Applications are accepted on an on-going basis for the listed positions and in any other discipline throughout the year. Applications for adjunct teaching positions will be used to create a pool of qualified applicants for future hiring. Applications will be kept on file for one year.
Conditions of Employment
Employees must satisfy all the pre-employment requirements prior to appointment that include, but are not limited to, tuberculosis clearance (EC 87408.6), fingerprint processing, and verification of their legal right to work in the United States.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in completing the application or interview process must notify the Human Resources Office in advance.
College of the Siskiyous is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the District is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of ethnicity or race, color, sex or gender, gender identity, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, medical conditions, status as a Vietnam-era veteran, ancestry, or political or organizational affiliation.
College of the Siskiyous is accredited by the Accrediting commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Cover Letter,
- Unofficial Transcripts
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*