This job has Expired
Student Enrollment Specialist
Full Job Description
- Assist students, staff, faculty and the general public with correct information and direction regarding college and student services in person, online, and over the telephone.
- Advise students within the general student population, as well as special populations (including Veterans and International Students) regarding program planning, course selection, schedule changes, transferability, and course withdrawals.
- Advise academically at-risk students regarding coursework and other college resources by which they can develop the academic skills required to successfully complete college-level work.
- Process admissions applications for continuing education and credit students, including accurately determining and documenting residency, TSI status, and prerequisite levels. May code and proof applications to ensure compliance with state guidelines.
- Review residency documentation to accurately determine students' eligibility for in-state tuition according to state guidelines and process accordingly. Accurately document master record changes. May make residency status changes.
- Evaluate scores received on the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) assessment and determine appropriate course placement levels.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records (in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and core values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of district rules, policies and practices
- Knowledge of Student Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of all various college departments and degree programs
- Knowledge of prerequisite courses and requirements needed for applying to degree programs
- Knowledge of student information and network systems
- Problem solving skills
- Customer service skills
- Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Decision making skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
- Associate degree from an accredited institution.
- At least two (2) years of related experience.
In addition to minimum experience required: At least 60 semester hours OR a minimum of two (2) additional years of directly related experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
Compensation Type:Â Salary
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*