Dean of Scholar Support
Dean of Scholar Support
Full Job Description
As part of a dynamic professional team, the Dean of Scholar Support is responsible for building a comprehensive program of college and career development coaching that supports Cooke College and Transfer Scholars to thrive at our nation’s top colleges and go on to fulfilling professional lives. The Dean of Scholar Support provides high-quality, individualized student support; facilitates small and large group programming; and engages with campus partners to positively impact the Scholar experience. Reporting directly to the Program Manager, Higher Education, the Dean of Scholar Support works independently and collaboratively to achieve Scholar-centered key performance outcomes. National travel required.
Group and Individual Coaching
- Provide proactive and responsive coaching and support to Scholars on applying our framework of six critical actions to navigate their college and career goals achievement.
- Connect Scholars to higher education opportunities (e.g., internships, study abroad, graduate school) that prepare them for fulfilling professional careers.
- Monitor academic performance and degree progress for an assigned campus/regional-based caseload of scholars. Assess and triage Scholar needs, supporting Scholars to utilize campus and other resources, and facilitating connections as appropriate.
Program Design and Facilitation
- Collaborating with colleagues, create and refine college-to-career programming, experiences, and resources that are engaging, inclusive, goal-oriented, and impactful.
- Incorporate knowledge from internal data, research evidence, and industry promising practices into programming, experiences, and resources that utilize varied engagement formats, including in-person, virtual, synchronous and asynchronous, and multimedia.
- Facilitate programming at regional and national in-person and virtual events for students in their regional/campus caseload, of specific groups, and program-wide.
Campus Partner Engagement
- Cultivate strong relationships with campus partners, including career services, academic support, wellness, and administration to ensure Scholars thrive in college and go on to fulfilling professional lives.
- Represent and elevate Cooke Scholar perspectives to positively influence the undergraduate college experience of Scholars and other students with financial need.
- Facilitate the sharing of promising practices across institutions to expand opportunities.
- Conduct campus visits each semester to provide in-person coaching to Scholars, facilitate Scholar community building, connect with campus partners and other stakeholders.
Program Administration and Foundation Support
- Review Scholar requests for program changes, make recommendations aligned with scholarship policies, and facilitate administrative processes.
- Maintains accurate and timely records for all services to Scholars. Review transcripts, Annual Reports, and other Scholar-related data.
- Actively contribute ideas and skills to better the Foundation and work collaboratively with colleagues to enhance work outcomes.
- Other duties as evolving.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree in student advising, higher education, counseling or related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of four years of experience in higher education or relevant field.
- A demonstrated commitment to supporting and enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Effective written and oral communication skills and abilities.
- A strong detail orientation and ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects within close, overlapping and/or conflicting deadlines; ability to be flexible and adapt to changes in programming as they may arise.
- Experience working with diverse student populations and an ability to understand the challenges exceptionally talented students with financial need face in pursuit of college and career development.
- Experience in cultivating and maintaining partnerships.
- Experience designing, developing, and leading student-centered programming.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter through the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Career Center. E-Verify employer. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*