132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Lift Our Voices seeks an enterprising and dynamic candidate to serve as a Program Associate to contribute to all aspects of the organization’s work. This position offers an opportunity to work with leaders who are engaging in challenging and complex law and policy workplace issues that are one of the most significant of our time.
Lift Our Voices (LOV) was launched in December 2019 to create positive, systemic change in American workplaces through the eradication of nondisclosure agreements for toxic work issues and mandatory arbitration clauses. Created and launched by Gretchen Carlson and Julie Roginsky, LOV’s mission is to protect American workers by giving those in toxic work environments the freedom to speak freely about their workplace experiences and free them from the laws and business practices that prevent employees from publicly discussing toxic workplace conditions.
The Program Associate will work closely with the Executive Director and Co-Founders on programs and issues ranging from workplace issues, women’s rights, discrimination against disenfranchised groups, and advocacy efforts, primarily focused on forced arbitration and nondisclosure agreements.
The Program Associate will provide program management support and implement core components of the program’s overall execution. This person will help orchestrate the program’s content and delivery, and support cross-functional research and programming. The Program Associate is expected to be able to execute effectively and tactically across multiple stakeholders. The Program Associate should possess a passion for the LOV mission.
This position will report to the Executive Director.
This position will be remote, but preference will be given to candidates located in the Eastern Time Zone of the United States. Some travel may be required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assists the Executive Director with budgeting, accounting, and financial organization
· Manages the administrative aspects of the grantmaking process, including proposals, budgets, and grant reports, and assisting with scheduling and other administrative duties
- Regularly participate in meetings to provide strategic support, e.g., record keeping and follow-up with both internal and external participants
- Provides calendaring, scheduling, and administrative support for the Executive Director and Co-Founders, including assistance in setting up group meetings and complex scheduling requests across multiple platforms
- Tracks invoices, and provides support for domestic and international travel, conferences, and meetings
- Works with Executive Director to effectively prioritize workload, triaging deliverables to meet deadlines
· Drafts and executes communications efforts, including website management, and enhances our online presence through social media, email and news media outreach
· Coordinates event preparation, including sending invitations and managing RSVPs, corresponding with speakers, helping design and prepare materials for distribution and providing other logistical support
· Liaises with external partners, speakers and other high-profile leaders in the field
· Assist in the management and coordination of interns and volunteers for the organization
· Develops trust, confidence, and a strong rapport with scholars, volunteers, and other community members to ensure they feel personally supported, informed, appreciated, and engaged
· Conduct research on workplace behavior, forced arbitration, nondisclosure agreements and related issues—ranging from news-driven rapid response projects to major, multi-month innovative research projects
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
· Excellent research, proofreading and editing skills
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills with keen attention to detail
· Ability to meet deadlines and work calmly in a fast-paced environment
· Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with others
· Is a self-starter with an ability to work independently, is solutions-focused, and applies an appropriate level of judgment
- Excellent administrative and project management skills and experience, including the ability to plan and manage projects both independently and with colleagues
- Experience in budget management
- Ability to meet tight, sometimes simultaneous, deadlines with a keen ability to prioritize and partner with others to meet common goals
- Willingness to learn new software tools and use them for program support
- Brings a commitment to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion practices
· An advanced degree in a related field and/or several years of work experience preferred
· Experience with communications and social media work is a plus, has an eye for graphic design and experience with WordPress/web publishing
· Experience with MailChimp
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Compensation and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $50,000.00 a year alongside a comprehensive benefits package including:
· 90-100% employer-paid monthly premiums for employee-only medical coverage depending on individual plan selection and 15% employer-paid contribution toward dependent coverage premiums
· 99% employer-paid monthly premiums for employee-only dental and vision coverage (family members can be added at employee cost),
· Flexible spending account options for health, dependent care, and transit
· 100% employer-paid monthly premiums for life insurance, short-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
· Employer-sponsored supplemental paid family medical leave benefit of up to 12 weeks after 6-months of employment
· 401(k) safe harbor plan with non-elective 3% employer contribution
· Unlimited flexible paid time off with pre-approval of manager
· Flexibility to work from home with a location preference of the East Coast
· Commitment to professional development and growth
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications received by September 1 will receive priority review.
Panorama Global is the fiscal sponsor of Lift Our Voices. Panorama is a platform for social change dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable problems.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship or immigration status, national origin, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, political ideology, the presence of any physical, mental, or sensory disability, age, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Panorama complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Nicole Travis, HR Generalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Panorama Global is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Panorama participates in the federal E-Verify system. All candidates should review the E-Verify Participation and Right to Work posters for more information.
The final offer will be contingent on the completion of a successful background check.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*