132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
This job has Expired
2023 New Grad – Engineer/Physicist/Computer Scientist - Weapon Control
Are you looking for exciting opportunities to help determine how to best defend the United States, our armed forces, and our allies from all forms of air and missile threats? Are you passionate about using innovation and advanced technologies to solve technical challenges?
If you are graduating with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or similar degrees and want to work in an exciting and collaborative environment to solve challenging technical national security problems, we'd like you to join our team.
We are seeking innovative and highly talented technical graduates to join our Weapon Control Concepts Development Group which specializes in advanced research and program of record activities for rapid prototype developments.
In particular, you will conduct modeling and simulation analysis, identify defensive systems gaps, and develop new system concepts to revolutionize defensive capabilities for the U.S.A. You will apply math, engineering, computer science, and physics knowledge to implement new distributed algorithms, advanced Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) techniques, object tracking and discrimination, data fusion concepts, etc. in support of a wide variety of U.S. Navy, Missile Defense, and Air Force systems.
As a member of our team...
- You will conduct research and development activities related to U.S. Missile Defense systems.
- You will assist in the development, testing, and analysis of new concepts related to weapon control systems.
- You will implement algorithms and design modeling and simulation components of systems.
- You will develop AI/ML-based concepts and technical solutions to solve challenging problems.
- You will apply novel data fusion and tracking concepts for object tracking and discrimination applications.
- You will utilize advanced programming languages to develop and test technical solutions.
- You will develop prototype capabilities and work with real-world systems to transition ideas to fielded systems.
- You will effectively communicate technical recommendations to APL leadership, government sponsors, and the engineering community.
- You will contribute to a dynamic group culture to uphold core values through participation in collaborative teams and activities, as well as a dedication to continual improvement, innovation and risk-taking, and developing high quality products.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or similar degrees.
- Are skilled in and/or have knowledge of programming skills in MATLAB, C++, C, Python, etc.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain Top Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have knowledge of configuration management tools.
- Have domain knowledge of Navy, Missile Defense Agency, or Air Force systems.
- Have a final Secret or Top Secret clearance.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*