132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Pharmacy Supervisor - Infusion Supervisor
- Job ID:
- 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- Onsite:Up to 1 day remote/wk
The Pharmacy Supervisor of Infusion Services oversees the daily operations of the Yawkey 5 pharmacy to ensure that high-quality patient care is provided in compliance with regulations, hospital policies, and practices. The Pharmacy Supervisor coordinates daily workflow and supports the Pharmacy Manager to implement identified process improvements and quality assurance initiatives. The Pharmacy Supervisor works closely with the Pharmacy Manager to support staff recruitment efforts. This individual supports the on-site onboarding and orientation of new staff members and ensures ongoing training and competencies are maintained. It is expected that they be current regarding trends and developments in pharmacy practice and serve as a role model and mentor to the professional and technical staff. The Pharmacy Supervisor is expected to develop and maintain effective working relationships with DFCI personnel. The Pharmacy Supervisor is expected to provide staffing coverage when needed.
This is 100% on site in the Longwood Medical Area.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Provide daily oversight of the Yawkey 5 pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacy co-op students and encourage excellence in work habits, inclusivity, maintaining the pharmacy, and customer service.
- Assess daily volume and ensure adequate coverage to meet needs.
- Maintains the schedule with switches and unexpected absences.
- Processes payroll for assigned employees.
- Ensures compliance with USP chapters, federal and state regulations, and department policies and SOPs and escalates concerns to Pharmacy Manager.
- Coordinates the on-site onboarding and training and orientation of new pharmacy staff members and ensures proper documentation.
- Ensures compliance with ongoing training, competencies, and development and ensures proper documentation.
- Work in conjunction with other pharmacy staff members when a new medication or procedure change is introduced.
- Works with manager to identify, triage, and resolve any issues related to pharmacy, including patient delays.
- Identifies areas of opportunity for process improvement and presents proposed solutions to infusion pharmacy leadership.
- Supports the development and implementation of efficient workflows within the pharmacy.
- Works with the Pharmacy Manager to participate in pharmacy interviews and hiring process.
- Reinforces acceptable performance and behavior with staff and identifies any issues and/or HR concerns and escalates to Pharmacy Manager when necessary.
- Participate in departmental and institute committees as assigned.
- Stay current with trends and developments in pharmacy practice and serve as a role model to the professional and technical staff.
- Provide coverage for the pharmacy staff, as needed, to provide coverage for illness, meetings, staff vacations and during periods of peak volume.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Doctorate in Pharmacy from an accredited college of Pharmacy is required.
- Must be licensed to practice pharmacy in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Five years of hospital pharmacy or home infusion experience required.
- Two years of sterile compounding required; oncology experience preferred
- At least one year of supervisory experience is required.
- Must be licensed to practice pharmacy in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Certification in a related pharmacy specialty, or an advanced degree related to a specialty practice area preferred.
- Must complete 20 continuing education credits per year to maintain licensure.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*