A Message from the University
All University of Notre Dame faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID
-19 and provide verification of full vaccination. Faculty and staff may apply for an exemption from the vaccination requirement for medical, religious, or other strongly held beliefs. Those granted an exemption must participate in weekly surveillance testing and continue to mask indoors while on campus. FAQ
Computer Consultant (Temp/On-Call)
Do you want to learn and hone resume-boosting IT skills while helping the ND community navigate the world of Information Technology? The Office of Information Technologies (OIT), consistently ranked in the top 25 places to work in IT by ComputerWorld magazine, is hiring! You will get to work with a dedicated, fun team of IT professionals to build and image both Windows and macOS computers, install software and printers, and assist with the installation and configuration of new computers. In addition, there are growth opportunities for basic troubleshooting and support.
The OIT will provide training to help you be prepared and ready to support these activities. OIT mentors and next-level support will be there to help you all along the way. The OIT fully embraces diversity and is committed to creating a fun and inclusive environment for all employees.
There are four positions available, and the responsibilities for this temp/on-call role include:
- Build and image new computers according to detailed specifications
- Help maintain inventory of new computers
- Maintain records of computers dropped off and picked up
- Understand when to escalate an issue to the next level for support
- Provide basic troubleshooting and support to technical issues when available
- Accurately and professionally update ServiceNow Incident and Task records
- Other activities as assigned, etc.
We encourage anyone with interest to apply, even if you don’t have all of the skills mentioned above. As a professional in the ever-changing fields of technology and education, the selected candidate can expect to continue to develop in these areas through structured professional development programs, experiential learning, and self-directed growth. Our team invests in helping each other learn and grow along with our industry.
The University of Notre Dame is committed to diversity (http://diversity.nd.edu/) in its staff, faculty, and student body. We strive for an inclusive environment that values and embraces differences in backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives. We welcome and value people of all faiths and viewpoints. We will support you in your desire for well-being, life-work integration, and professional growth and development.
- Ability to work and learn independently
- Collaborate and problem-solve with teams
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Familiarity with Windows 10 or Windows 11
- Familiarity with macOS and iOS
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Experience with office tools, including spreadsheets
- Good organizational and personal productivity practices
Client Experience (29026)
Family / Sub-Family
IT / Gnrl IT
Department Hiring Pay Range
T1 - Non-exempt Temp/On-call Hourly
Schedule: Days of Week & Hours
Mon – Fri: 8 AM – 5 PM
Schedule: # of months
Job Posting Date (Campus)
Job Posting Date (Public)
Job Closing Date
Open To All Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/25443
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*