132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
This job has Expired
Human Resources Consultant
A Message from the University
Job TitleHuman Resources Consultant
It may sound easy but it’s not. In HR, we work hard. You will be challenged – but it’s worth every ounce of effort you put in. Whether it’s helping answer a benefit question, celebrating one of our staff earning her high school diploma, consoling a colleague that has lost a loved one, or working with a campus leader on strategic organizational decisions, our team changes lives in the moments that matter. We strengthen and sustain the vibrant culture of Notre Dame to cultivate the gifts and talents of every individual. So, if you see serving others and problem-solving as a challenge to be met with a smile, a curious mind, and a strong sense of teamwork, then we have a spot on our team for you.
A Human Resources Consultant is responsible for providing guidance and support to University leadership and employees of designated divisions or colleges on strategic initiatives impacting their organization and people, and identifying HR issues that will help achieve business goals and objectives (strategic planning). They inform and work with colleagues in HR’s Centers of Expertise (COE) about these issues so that appropriate solutions can be designed. You will be a change leader as well as a trusted adviser to leaders, and a coach to employees and managers. We are the curators of Notre Dame’s culture.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Work in partnership with deans, and senior leaders, in the academy and President’s division, to identify HR issues that will help achieve business goals and objectives.
- Advise, counsel, interpret and administer policies with an understanding and use of coaching techniques, facilitation skills, succession planning, and employment laws such as employment discrimination, sexual harassment, FMLA, FLSA, ADA, etc. Make decisions about performance management, corrective action, suspensions and terminations.
- Organizational Design/workforce planning: Assist in restructuring of organizations to fit strategic needs, including recommending options, timelines, communications, employee meetings, and collaborating with compensation team.
- Collaborate with HR COE’s on Solution Design: provide compensation consultation; collaborate with on training and information sessions, dissemination of policy information and building teamwork within client groups; participate in recruiting initiatives; assist COE’s in the design, communication, implementation and administration of campus-wide HR programs and initiatives
The Office of Human Resources, in accordance with the University, offers a flexible work environment with its commitment to supporting your wellbeing.
• An understanding of the Notre Dame work environment and/or what makes the University an employer of choice.
• Good listening skills
• An ability to quickly establish credibility with individuals at all levels of organization
• Excellent oral/written communication skills.
• A love for solving complex situations.
• Technical and theoretical knowledge of multiple HR disciplines (organizational design, coaching, benefits, compensation, employment, professional development).
• Strong customer service orientation.
• An ability to laugh during the toughest of times.
• A willingness to embrace change.
• A desire to be a leader throughout HR disciplines.
• General knowledge of employment laws.
• Last but not least – a desire to have fun at work.
DepartmentOffice of Human Resources (48000)
Family / Sub-FamilyHR / Gnrl HR
Career Stream/LevelEIC 2 Professional
Department Hiring Pay Rangeup to $70,000
FLSA StatusS1 - FT Exempt
Schedule: Days of Week & Hours
Schedule: # of months12
Job Posting Date (Campus)10/04/2022
Job Posting Date (Public)10/04/2022
Job Closing Date10/18/2022
Posting TypeOpen To All Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/28415
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*