This job has Expired
Disaster Program Manager
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment ****
Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
As part of the world's largest humanitarian network, the American Red Cross works on the front lines of the climate change crisis every day. We make a vital difference for families and communities in the U.S. and around the world who are coping with the impacts of this crisis. Through our new Mission Adaptation program, our goal is to build and equip a resilient network of community-based partners and workforce ready to augment and enhance food security, emergency shelter and care, and access to health and mental health services needed when climate emergencies strike and to ultimately reduce the impact of climate caused displacement and poverty for families at extreme risk by helping them more rapidly transition to safe, stable, and affordable housing. If you share our passion for helping people, making a difference, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
The Community Disaster Risk Reduction Manager reports to the National Headquarters Disaster Risk Reduction Director and is responsible for building and overseeing a community partner network and workforce in support of our new Mission Adaptation program. The Community Disaster Risk Reduction Manager will develop and manage a team, partner relationships, and budgets to meet the program outcomes. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in social services, partner collaboration, and community outreach and preferably experience in grant administration, disaster risk reduction and building volunteer teams.
- Field management of the Mission Adaptation program to include management of workforce, adherence to program standards, budget development and management and accomplishment of mission objectives.
- Oversee community needs assessment to identify the most vulnerable populations and their needs with regard to resilience in health, food security and housing to lessen disaster-caused displacement impacts.
- Work with American Red Cross divisional and regional staff to integrate partnerships into planning, readiness, response and recovery activities.
- Identify local partner organizations providing services related to food security, housing and health with an interest in building resilience.
- Build and maintain positive partner relationships and formalize agreements with community-based organizations and key community stakeholders.
- Lead implementation of Mission Adaptation initiatives and convene partner support networks.
- Support grant management through oversight of grant requirements and data reporting.
- Leverage external relationships (from national organizations, state and federal agencies) to support community resilience.
- Build and manage diverse and inclusive teams to lead and support Mission Adaptation objectives/activities.
- Support development of regional opportunities to engage in Mission Adaptation learnings and activities designed to enhanced support to vulnerable populations.
- Collaborate with internal teams to meet program objectives and milestones and to determine areas of opportunity for existing workforce base.
- Prepare accurate records and reports on partner engagement.
- Lead development and management of internal and external communications strategy.
- Support region and stakeholder communities during disaster relief response.
- Capture and share with other communities the local best practices and lessons learned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Social Work or Public Health.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of related experience, preferably in an outcomes-based social services environment, or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
Management Experience: 3 years of supervisory or management experience. Experience in community mobilization and disaster recovery preferred. Experience building and supporting a volunteer workforce preferable. Demonstrated familiarity with climate adaptation/resilience strategies and community organizing preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals. Demonstrate analytical and decision-making skills to develop creative processes for continuous program or service improvements. Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong skills in planning and problem-solving. Ability to relate well and effectively with diverse groups and individuals. Proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Familiarity with federal, state and local employment laws. Flexibility and ability to work on and manage a new team during program development. Familiarity with government disaster assistance programs desirable. Spanish speaking preferred.
Other: This position is also responsible for ensuring that all American Red Cross finance policies and procedures are followed as related to the scope of work activity. Upon employment, must be able to learn and become proficient in: ARC programs and procedures, Volunteer Management, Financial Management, Cultural Competency, and Community & Government Partnerships.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*