132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
HR Analytics Specialist
- Job ID:
- 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- Full Remote: 4-5 days remote/wk
The HR Analytics Specialist is part of a team responsible for maintaining data, information, and technology solutions for DFCI’s workforce (including the faculty, academic, and research communities). Under the direction of the HR Analytics Manager within HRIS, this role works both independently and as part of a high-functioning team in a fast-paced organization.
The HR Analytics Specialist supports the HR Analytics team, which leverages data and technology to deliver comprehensive analyses and sustainable solutions for the workforce. The HR Analytics Specialist maintains workforce data, including data entry, reporting, security, and audits; supports the HR Analytics Manager and Analyst with project management and dashboard development; provides high-level customer service and relationship management to clients; and backs up other HRIS functions as needed.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Maintains workforce data in PeopleSoft and related HR systems; audits existing data and works with HR Analytics team to implement new data fields and tracking/update mechanisms.
- Responds to Tier 1 Reporting & Analytics tickets, using queries and dashboards to provide data and metrics as requested.
- Provides high-level client service while educating end-users on HR data policies, including privacy, distribution, and allowable use.
- Assists the HR Analytics Analyst with management of DFCI’s Faculty Database, including data integrity; reporting; process improvement; and staffing the steering committee that governs its use. Educate end-users on faculty data use.
- Recommends and establishes efficient processes and procedures internally to ensure proper handling of data; documents these and produces job aids/training aids for users.
- Creates test cases and tests system issues for various HR systems operated by HRIS during large events and new system implementations and upgrades.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with coworkers in other departments (COBA, Faculty Affairs, MGB IS, Finance).
- Provides back up for HRIS coworkers for assigned systems and functions.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 year of work experience required.
- 2 years of experience in human resources, data/analytics, or a related field preferred.
- 2 years of experience using PeopleSoft or other HRMS preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of HR policies and compliance regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Excel skills, including the development of complex spreadsheets and presentations.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to work with staff, faculty, and senior leaders at all levels of the organization.
- “Self-starter” – ability to multi-task, make decisions quickly, and recommend solutions.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*