This job has Expired
Flexible part time work for a non-profit helping firewood banks apply for funding. Firewood banks are like food banks and serve low-income families who are struggling to heat their homes. The Grants Manager will work with low-income volunteer groups to access funding that we have to provide approximately 60 grants, averaging $10,000 each. The Grants Manager will also work with the groups to assist low-income homes to get energy audits and weatherization on their homes. An excellent opportunity to work with a national renewable energy non-profit that serves low-income communities and helps transition off of fossil fuel.
- Assisting community groups to access funding
- Assessing capacity of community groups
- Helping to ensure community groups follow funding requirements
- Working with a team of 4 people
- Interacting with indigenous American tribal groups and local, state and federal agencies
- Ability to deal firmly but tactfully with contractors and the public.
- Daily zoom calls with colleagues and partners
- Advocacy on behalf of underserved communities
- May involve some travel
- Stakeholder engagement, and public education.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applicants from wood-burning and/or low-income communities are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. AGH is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds can thrive and make a positive impact in the services we provide.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $2,000.00 per month
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 4 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*