This job has Expired
Full Job Description
Owensboro Community and Technical College has been recognized by Chronicle on Higher Education as a Great College to Work For. Learn more about OCTC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2829YBiz2Ls
Owensboro Community and Technical College is a three-campus institution located along the Ohio River in Western Kentucky. OCTC is one of sixteen institutions in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and awards certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees in liberal arts and technical education. To learn more about OCTC, please visit https://owensboro.kctcs.edu/ and to learn more about Owensboro and the surrounding area, you may visit https://visitowensboro.com
OCTC offers a variety of health plans, wellness incentives, and retirement options for full-time regular employees. Alternate benefit variations for temporary and/or part-time job types are also available. Benefit plans include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, LTD, and Supplemental Insurance plans. Wellness Programs include incentives applied to an HRA card for healthy life choices and activities. Additional Benefits include;vacation pay, holiday pay, institutional closure pay (2 weeks), sick pay, EAP, tuition waiver & discounts, and employee discounts. Retirement plan is a Defined Contribution 403(b) plan, 5% employee contribution with 10% employer match.
Communicate with prospective applicants, assist online applicants, and provide academic advising to newly enrolling students. Register dual credit, new credential-seeking, and non-credential seeking students. Troubleshoot admissions and registration issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties/responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide academic advising to new and non-credential students (including dual credit)
- Provide admissions assistance to prospective students and applicants who contact or walk into the START (Student Testing Admissions Registration Transcripts) Center
- Support the business of the office, including purchasing of supplies
- Advise students about placement and assist with placement testing
- Provide outreach to high schools, middle schools, community agencies, and employers to support the college's recruitment efforts
- All other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree (Education with focus on Counseling or Student Affairs, or related field), and two (2) years related experience, or equivalent.
Applicants must complete and submit:
- Online application
- Cover letter
- Resume / CV
- Copy of all college transcripts. Official transcripts are needed within the first 30 days if hired.
- Kentucky State Law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment
Positions are based on a term-contract, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance and funding.
Application Deadline: October 12, 2022
Duties will begin Oct/Nov 2022. Only applicants selected for an interview will be notified. The search may be extended if additional candidates are needed.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*