132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Executive Director - Private Family Foundation
Would you like your next role to allow you to combine your business background with a Foundation that has a strong mission focus? Do you feel confident in your ability to guide a Family Foundation in the growth phase while managing its long-term impact? Are you able to focus on the mission, while still understanding the need for compliance, asset management and business operations? Then keep reading!
Julian Grace Foundation is a private family foundation that does high-engagement grant making in order to create a just, unified and hopeful world. Our grant making embodies our values which include Innovation & Growth; Unification, Cooperation & Healing and Hope & Transformation. Our small, but diverse and engaged team ensures that our grantee partners have the resources they need for success in their mission. We believe that the communities that are most impacted by poverty and injustice should have the information, tools, and experiences to address the inequities they endure. Furthermore, we believe that community members should be involved in decision making and leading change. The position is outside Chicago IL and while we have a hybrid environment you MUST live/relocate to the Chicago area to adequately engage with our grantee partners and staff.
The Executive Director will be responsible for implementing strategic internal and external relationships that are the basis of the Foundation’s strategy. Our Executive Director will implement Board-approved strategies, focused on directing and managing the creation and flow of grants and other engagement opportunities with current and prospective partners. You will be responsible for overall day-to-day operations and staff management as well as interacting with the Foundation Board. Working closely with the Board President, you will ensure that grant making priorities and established policies are maintained. The Executive Director ensures that the organizations receiving Foundation grants closely align with and carry out the Foundation’s overall strategy. As a family foundation, the Executive Director works closely with all family Board members.
Essential functions of the role include:
· Implement board-directed strategies, ensuring that the mission is advanced in accordance with the values outlined by the board.
· Maintain and evaluate a comprehensive program for building and sustaining strong relationships with prospective and current grant recipients.
· Mentor and supervise staff members as they conduct site visits, review applications, reports and materials, and provide the Foundation's board of directors with thoughtful, well-reasoned analysis and recommendations.
· Oversee administrative aspects of grant tracking, including application and review, scheduling, funding, forecasting and follow up needs.
· Maintain awareness of sector issues, landscape analysis, policies and priorities, including review relevant literature, as well as attend and contribute to collaborative initiatives and participate in external meetings.
· Work collaboratively with the investment committee, family office team and outside investment managers/consultants to implement investment strategies designated by the Board.
· Collaborate and oversee team that handles accounting and operations pertaining to finance, insurance contracts, benefits, etc.
· Create public-facing communications, under the supervision of the Board, and marketing representing the Foundation, including website and social media.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 7 years’ experience with business operations, preferably in a foundation or non-profit environment. A bachelor’s degree is expected, with a master’s degree in a related field of study preferred. Candidates must have grant making and board management experience in this role.
As several of our partners are in Central and South America, the ability to communicate in Spanish, both in writing and speaking, is preferred. Candidates must have the ability to travel in the US and internationally without restriction for up to 20% of the time.
To learn more - check out our website at https://juliangrace.org/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 - $220,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Self-determined schedule
- What about this role resonates with you?
- Describe your role in grant making in the past.
- Foundation or Non-profit: 7 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Highland Park, IL 60035
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*