Contract Lecturer (2 Year Term) - Education
Operating TitleContract Lecturer (2 Year Term) - Education
Summary of Position
The successful candidate will have experience creating a supportive classroom community in an urban school district. Responsibilities: teach a range of undergraduate courses and strategically expand experiential learning opportunities for preservice teachers to ensure classroom culture and environment competence to prepare preservice teachers to enter the field. Typically, a twelve-credit teaching load per academic semester that includes teaching and supervision in our educator preparation programs. Additional responsibilities may include collaboration in the areas of teaching and service with colleagues in the department and across the College, as well as with schools in the region.
Our students come from diverse socio-economic and educational backgrounds, with a high percentage of first-generation college students. By the time Keene State College students complete their undergraduate experience they develop critical thinking, creative inquiry, intercultural competence, civic engagement, and commitments to well-being and to sustainability that will serve them as active citizens and lifelong learners. We strongly encourage individuals to apply who will support the College’s ongoing efforts to help students become responsible global citizens.
Additional Job Information
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Three (3) letters of recommendation, one of which must address teaching*
*Note: You will not be able to upload letters of reference to the job portal when you apply. At the time of application, you will be asked to supply the contact information for three references. These references will receive an email asking them to submit letter of recommendation to your application.
Acceptable Minimum Qualifications
- Earned Master’s degree in Education or related field
- Minimum of five years full-time K-12 teaching experience in an urban school district.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Preference will be given to New Hampshire teachers who have experience working in an urban school district that can bring a more diverse perspective and experiences to the preparation of the next generation of teachers at KSC.
- Experience teaching full-time (K-12) in a New Hampshire urban school district (i.e., Manchester, Nashua, Concord, Derry, and Dover)
- Public school teaching experience in multiple grade levels
- Demonstrated successful collaboration and/or inclusive practices with colleagues or other educational professionals including supervising preservice teachers
- Experience working with families and students from diverse backgrounds
- Experience with SES, IEP’s and 504 plans
- Experience creating and using formative and summative assessments that lead to data informed curricular and pedagogical decisions
- Experience in adapting, modifying, and differentiating lessons, curricula, and environments to meet the developmental cognitive, social, behavioral, and emotional needs of all students
Quick Link to Postinghttps://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/48555
Faculty InformationRenewable (Please specify below)
If Renewable or Number of years, please specify2 years
Type of PositionContract Faculty
Open Until FilledYes
Interested Internal Candidates Exist?No
If TERM position with benefits, indicate projected end date05/23/2025
- Explore the dynamic nature of the teaching and learning process.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviors that meet high standards.
- Understand the world from multiple perspectives; and
- Contribute to a just and equitable world.
This position is responsible for the supervision ofStudents
Special RequirementsA background check will be required as a condition of employment.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or marital status.
The City of Keene, with a population of approximately 24,000, is the regional center for commerce, employment, technology, culture, and the arts. We are located approximately two hours from Boston, Hartford, or Portland, and four hours from New York City. The region contains many opportunities to enjoy outdoor recreation, cultural events, and a strong sense of community.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*