POSITION TITLE AND STATUS: Data Analyst
REPORTS TO: Chief Quality Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
The Ohio Association of Community Health Centers (OACHC) is a not-for-profit professional association representing Ohio's Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs, or community health centers). OACHC's Mission is to ensure access to high-quality affordable health care for all Ohioans through the growth and development of Ohio's Community Health Centers.
The Data Analyst works under the direction of the Chief Quality Officer or his/her designee to coordinate, support and analyze data for various quality improvement projects with member FQHCs.
- Normal place of work is within OACHC office but telework may be permitted in accordance with OACHC written policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Act as the primary resource to analyze data for quality improvement projects.
2. Conducts data research and analysis to assist in continued process development and to support improved patient care at Ohio’s FQHC’s.
3. Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
4. Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
5. Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
6. Creation and management of various reports utilizing data collected, measured and analyzed through several data storage systems (PM, EHR etc.).
7. Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
8. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
9. Responsible for processing data and developing reports which will be utilized in various projects within the organization
10. Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
11. Ensures data collected is reliable and of high quality
12. Receive training and act as a resource for health center in the use of Azara.
13. Assist in OACHC conference planning and webinar development for data analytic related topics.
14. Attend local, regional, statewide, and national meetings to remain acquainted with recent news and developments related to the position responsibilities.
15. Normal place of work is within OACHC office but telework may be permitted in accordance with OACHC written policy.
16. Other duties as assigned.
17. Support and work directly with the Chief Quality Officer.
- Those hired after January 1, 2022, must provide proof of completed immunization for COVID-1 or documentation of a sincerely held religious conviction preventing vaccination and/or documentation of a CDC acceptable medical reason preventing vaccination
- Driver’s license
1. Education and Experience:
- 1. Master’s degree preferred but bachelor’s degree is acceptable with pertinent experience. Academic and/or professional training shall be in public health, community health, nursing, counseling, social work, or related field
2. Association experience and/or knowledge of FQHCs preferred.
3. An ideal candidate would have clinical and professional experience in value-based contracts and data analysis.
4. At least two years of experience in the fields of health, public health, or social service.
5. Demonstrated awareness of, and value for, cultural competence.
6. Excellent organizational skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
7. Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining effective partnerships.
8. Demonstrated ability in grant writing is desirable.
9. Demonstrated ability to work with customer/client groups and/or experience in membership organizations.
10. Ability to work as a team member and work effectively with diverse people.
11. Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability.
12. Pleasant manner in telephone and personal contacts and a professional demeanor.
13. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
14. Fluency in written and spoken English.
15. Ability to travel nationally and around the state of Ohio.
16. Physical ability to stoop, kneel, bend, use a computer and perform light lifting.
17. Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook
18. Proof of completed immunization for COVID-19 or documentation of a sincerely held religious conviction preventing vaccination and/or documentation of a CDC acceptable medical reason preventing vaccination
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to present a professional business image to persons who have diverse interests and ideas.
- Must be able to travel and attend meetings as required including occasional overnight stays and out-of-state meetings and presentations.
- Must be able to work long days and travel by automobile and/or airplane to multiple locations in and outside of Ohio, visiting health center sites and business partners, etc.
- Must have and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license.
- Must be able to use own automobile when/if needed and have all liability and automobile insurance as required by law.
- Must be able to be insured to use OACHC company automobile.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. The statements are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position. This job description may be changed, and additional duties may be added or assigned from time to time. The above description does not affect or diminish the at-will status of the employment relationship between OACHC and its employees.
OACHC strives for diversity and equitable hiring and promotion of all employees and provides cultural and diversity training to all employees. OACHC is committed to supporting the declaration of racism as a public health crisis and enacting efforts to mitigate racism and increase cultural competency at OACHC and our health center membership.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.00 - $1,000,000.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Those hired after January 1, 2022, must provide proof of completed immunization for COVID-1 or documentation of a sincerely held religious conviction preventing vaccination and/or documentation of a CDC acceptable medical reason preventing vaccination
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Columbus, OH 43215: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*