132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
CPR/Emergency Services Coordinator
CPR/Emergency Services Coordinator
Full Job Description
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
This is a part-time (27.5 hrs/wk) position located on the Emmetsburg Campus. Primary responsibilities are to coordinate and teach CPR, First Aid and other related courses. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and work with minimal supervision. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
Classification: Professional Support B
Department: Continuing Education
Report to: Executive Director Community & Business Relations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (% OF THE TIME):
- Schedule CPR and other related courses as needed for the community and regional businesses.
- Utilize specialized software to schedule classes and process expenses as related to program classes.
- Monitor expenses and complete timely reports to oversight agencies.
- Locate appropriate instructor(s) and specialized trainers and evaluate performance.
- Issue certificates of completion and other documents as necessary to document training.
- Maintain equipment log, MSDS notebook and inventory.
- Maintain appropriate records for students, services, (state) Department of Public Health, Bureau of Emergency and Trauma Services, College, and other agencies.
- Assure curriculum and equipment is current and in good shape.
- Deliver training equipment and materials to training sites, as needed.
- Market services in the area to expand opportunities.
- Maintain ongoing communications with other areas of continuing education to ensure efficient coordination of similar training.
- Participate on assigned and voluntary community, college, and state committees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Assume responsibility and deal effectively with the American Heart Association in offering Basic Life Support.
- Have a working knowledge of personal computer and educational media equipment.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors, and the general public.
- Assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgement when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, staff, administrators, and other contacts.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrate leadership and organizational skills.
Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting or standing most of the time, in an office or classroom/laboratory setting. Reaching, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, hearing, repetitive motion and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). Stooping, crouching, pushing, pulling, and carrying frequently (10-33%). Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently. Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency required. A strong background in emergency medical field, including practical and instructional experience is required. Must possess current CPR instructor endorsement or ability to complete within six months of employment. Nationally Certified EMT preferred. Associates Degree in Emergency Medical Services or related field desirable. EMT Instructor and Evaluator endorsement preferred.
Paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee retirement package.
The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Human Resources Specialist
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*