This job has Expired
Vice President of Advancement
Vice President of Advancement
$91,258.00 - $136,886.00 Annually
The Vice President of Advancement shall be responsible to the President and NMJC Foundation. Duties and responsibilities shall be, but not limited to, the following:
1) Assist the Foundation Board and College President in planning short and long-range strategies to promote and market the NMJC Foundation’s growth and development;
2) Manage the operational activities and services provided by the NMJC Foundation;
3) Adhere to and amend the Foundation’s policies, systems and procedures as needed;
4) Serve as a friend-raiser and fundraiser for the College and Foundation; 5) Direct and manage the activities of the Advancement office and its volunteers;
6) Manage all aspects of the NMJC Foundation Board: Participate in the recruitment of NMJC Foundation Board members; Ensure the NMJC Foundation Board meetings, terms, and other Board necessities are coordinated and work with Board to keep members engaged;
7) Communicate with internal and external donors and conduct public relations activities;
8) Writes funding requests to be submitted to various organizations; maintains correspondence with various donors; reviews and signs letters assists donors with creating funding criteria so that agreements and endowments may be created.
9) Works with staff, board members, and other campus faculty to determine topics to be addressed at Board and Committee meetings; creates agendas and prepares necessary materials; assists in facilitating meetings; reviews and edits meeting minutes.
10) Attend appropriate community and college functions;
11) Oversees the planning and implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan
12) Supervise College Marketing & PR Department to develop public relations materials to enhance the Foundation’s image and promote its fundraising program;
13) Create short and long-term strategies to increase lifelong engagement between Alumni and the College; support Alumni engagement opportunities to promote the College; oversee Alumni database;
14) Establish contacts with and collect information from funding sources in both the public and private sectors;
15) Work with other development staff to maintain accurate, up-to-date records on sources;
16) Develop and administer a year-round annual giving campaign for the Foundation including an employee campaign;
17) Coordinate and execute all fundraising activities for the NMJC Foundation, including the annual Golf Tournament, End-of-Year Plea, etc.;
18) Secure funding for the employee of the year awards and the faculty of the year awards.
19) Establish and administer a planned giving program including estate and trust planning, endowments, and major gifts;
20) Assist in recruiting, training, and motivating volunteers for the College’s fundraising activities;
21) Coordinate annual Thank You communication project.
22) Coordinate annual scholarship recipient/scholarship donor reception/dinner.
23) Coordinate the GO Bond – Specific NMJC promotion of voter awareness
24) Coordinate communication with Lea County Schools regarding Scholarship Application Process.
25) Ensure compliance with College and Board policies;
26) Accept other duties assigned by the Officers and Directors of the NMJC Foundation; and
27) Nothing contained herein shall limit the President in assigning the employee to any of the various Foundation or college activities for which he/she would be qualified in order to meet the needs of New Mexico Junior College.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Education, Public or Nonprofit Administration, or a related field, Master’s degree preferred; At least five (5) years of progressively experience, preferably in the higher education sector or non-profit organization; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
This is a twelve-month exempt position. Standard NMJC benefits apply
To apply, submit an NMJC application form online and attach the following: letter of interest, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three references.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*