Education Program Manager
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England (PPNNE) is searching for a qualified candidate to fill a full time, 37.5 hours/week, Education Program manager position based out of the Colchester, VT administrative location. The Education Program Manager is responsible for the design and implementation of sexual and reproductive health education programs for youth and youth-serving professionals, as well as other populations in need of sexual and reproductive health care, and entities who serve them. This position supervises Education Coordinator(s) and provides mentoring and program management support for other Education staff. It is important that the Manager demonstrate an ability to relate well to people and to work effectively as a team member.
- Lead design, implementation, training, and oversight of sexual and reproductive health education for youth and youth-serving professionals, as well as other populations in need of sexual and reproductive health care, and entities who serve them. Examples of these communities may include but not be limited to: youth and adults affected by inequality and oppression, poverty and homelessness, trauma and mental health challenges, incarceration, and substance use disorders.
- Identify and build partnerships with school, state, and other community partner entities.
- Serve as a community leader and trusted resource for sexual health education information and materials.
- Supervise PPNNE Education Coordinator(s), and provide guidance and support to PPNNE Education Coordinators.
- Recruit, train, and supervise peer educators who can conduct both school and community-based sexuality and reproductive health education.
- Conduct data-driven community needs assessments of sexual and reproductive health education program needs for a broad range of communities and populations. Use data to design programs and measure impact.
- Participate in cross-departmental initiatives that result in more equitable provision of and access to PPNNE services and programs, and initiatives that improve organizational diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
- Monitor, compile, evaluate, and report program data for program management, PPFA, various grants, and others.
- Develop and monitor a budget. Complete financial variance and other budgetary reporting.
- Represent PPNNE at community coalitions, conferences ,and other events. Participate in public speaking events.
- Distribute educational materials, safer sex supplies including condoms and lube, menstrual products, and other materials for community providers and members.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in health education, social work, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with youth, ideally combined with experience working with school teachers and staff, health educators, or other youth-serving professionals.
- Professional background providing evidence-based sexual health education for youth. Willingness and enthusiasm to promote comprehensive sexuality education.
- Professional background working or partnering with schools and organizations that are concerned with the needs and problems of a wide range of underserved and underrepresented populations.
- Experience working directly with other underserved/marginalized communities and professionals who serve them is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of program management experience, ideally in health education.
- Demonstrated excellence with both groups and individuals in educational encounters.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to pay attention to detail. Strong ability to organize, prioritize, and work under deadlines.
- Strong sense of initiative and self-motivation. Ability to work without close supervision and a willingness to work with others to achieve goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong public speaking skills.
- Strong commitment to the overall goals and philosophies of Planned Parenthood.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Willingness to participate as a team member and work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The range of pay for this position is $25.50 - 36.41/hr based on relevant experience. Access to benefits is available including health, dental and vision coverage, paid time off and a retirement fund.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume by visiting our website at https://jobs.lever.co/ppnne.
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England welcomes diversity & is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*