132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Adjunct Office of Information Systems/Medical Coding
Position TitleAdjunct Office of Information Systems/Medical Coding
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
Reports to (title)Lorna Gwilliam (Associate Dean)
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationMultiple Locations
Open Until FilledNo
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
2. Deliver competency-based instruction in a self-directed environment to prepare students for industry certifications in related areas.
3. Advise students on their program requirements and their progress through the courses. Assess students’ abilities and provide appropriate documentation and feedback.
4. Coordinate student ADA accommodation requests following college policy and procedures.
5. Provide an industry viewpoint to the training program so that students will be prepared to enter the work force. Keep current on technology advances and medical coding guidelines and updates.
6. Complete required SLCC training.
7. Demonstrate and support professional commitment to division, school, and the college mission and values.
8. Attend department meetings when requested.
9. Meet college and department deadlines and evaluate student work in a timely manner, including posting final grades.
10. Follow SLCC policies and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
- Becomes familiar with, and abides by, all college policies with immediate priority given to those policies that govern interactions with colleagues, staff, administrators, and departments throughout the organization
- Maintains professional etiquette in communications with students, staff, faculty, and administrators
- Provides appropriate and timely feedback for all assignments
- Returns graded assignments in a timely fashion per department standards
- Maintains student attendance records (for Financial Aid purposes) and grades
- Conducts a variety of appropriate evaluations of student performance
- Informs students of progress-to-date periodically and assigns and submits grades by published deadlines
- Assists in maintaining a safe and mutually respectful instructional environment
- Prepares and submits incident reports to Dean of Student Services for inappropriate student behavior as defined by the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy
- Maintains professional and collegial behavior
- Handles/responds to student concerns/complaints, and responds to student communications and inquiries promptly (generally within 1?2 days)
- Maintains professional appearance as defined by the discipline and/or College procedure
- Completes all required employee trainings
- Knows and enforces FERPA guidelines
- Provides ADA accommodations as requested
- Other job related duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
2. Experience as an instructor and/or in related area
3. Experience teaching in competency-based open-entry/open-exit individualized adult programs
4. Experience teaching students from diverse backgrounds
5. Attention to details, excellent documentation, and maintenance of individualized records of student performance
6. Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
7. Ability to work without close supervision in a team with diverse membership
8. Ability to work within a prescribed curriculum and departmental procedures while maintaining patience, creativity, and cooperative attitude
9. Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, culture, ethnic background, and abilities, to maintain good working relationships across the College. The ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
2. In accordance with SLCC policy, adjunct positions are offered on a semester by semester basis with no guarantee of continued employment.?
3. Official transcripts are required for those who are offered employment within 30 days of hire.?
4. In accordance with Board of Regents policy, SLCC’s Human Resources will conduct a criminal background check on instructors if concurrent enrollment (K-12) students are assigned to classes.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*