132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.

Job Coach I

Goodwill Industries of San Diego County

Job Description

Job Coach I

Full Job Description

About Us:

Are you looking for meaningful work and want to make a difference? Do you want to gain valuable work experience? Joining the Goodwill team could be a great fit for you! At Goodwill we live and breathe our Core Values of Creativity, Credibility, and Collaboration. We are a mission-integrated organization that is funded by resalable goods. Last year alone, we were able to keep 10 million pounds of donated goods from hitting our landfills. Through the reselling of donated items, we can provide job readiness training and employment opportunities to individuals with disabilities and barriers to employment.

Overview:

POSITION SUMMARY:
Are you searching for a job that makes a difference in the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities? Job Coaches provide on-the-job coaching to our Supported Employment program participants to help participants successfully work in the community. Job Coaches may provide support in group or individual work settings.

Responsibilities:

Essential Functions Statement(s):
  • Provides job coaching and promotes career development support to improve job skills, wages, and productivity of participants served at the business site with the goal of moving Participants into individual Competitive Integrated Employment (CIE) job opportunities.
  • Promotes and facilitates social integration between participants and other employees in collaboration with customer’s supervisors/managers. Monitors participant activity to ensure productivity, quality learning, completion of program and work assignments, and quality outcomes. Becomes familiar with the needs and limitations of assigned participants to identify areas of development opportunities.
  • Provides personal and career counseling as well as behavioral intervention for participants.
  • Performs work alongside participants for purposes of training, role modeling, and supporting the needs of the participants and the employer.
  • Teaches work skills (or life skills where appropriate) to participants at various job sites using repetitious training methods.
  • Maintains excellent communication with managers, supervisors and employees to support positive outcomes and to resolve client performance problems or other issues.
  • Regularly meets with participant’s supervisor to discuss participant’s progress and any training concerns. Regularly attends staff meetings as required.
  • Completes administrative duties, including monthly statistics, progress reports, updating Program plans, and data entry utilizing company database programs.
  • Communicates with referring agencies, care providers, parents, and counselors as appropriate, regarding any issues that may affect a participant’s employment. Notifies Job Coach II or III and/or site manager immediately of any problems with participants, referring agencies, or employers to resolve issues in a timely manner.
  • Works with leads, supervisors and site managers in preparing daily/weekly scheduled job duties for participants.
  • Performs coaching functions (direct on the job functions with participants) approximately 60% of the scheduled workday and related administrative functions (non-direct functions such as reports, case notes, prepping OPMs and IHSPs, accurately recording mileage, interactions with supervisors and referring agencies, etc.) during the remaining 40% of a scheduled workday.
  • Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.

Qualifications:

SKILLS & ABILITIES:

Education: BA or BS degree preferred.

Experience: Minimum of one year related experience preferred.

Computer Skills: MS Office Suite. Strong E-mail communication skills. Strong file management or case management skills. Must have ability to learn client tracking software.

Certificates & Licenses: Must be able to pass all required criminal background checks and become First Aid & CPR certified.

*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*

Apply Now

Be Seen By Recruiters at the
Best Institutions

Create Your FREE Profile Now!