132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Recruitment and Outreach Manager
Recruitment and Outreach Manager
Full Job Description
Location: Des Plaines, IL Category: Staff Posted On: Thu Sep 15 2022 Job Description:
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Organize and lead implementation of the recruitment outreach activities and events to promote the value of Oakton to prospective students, their influencers, and members of Oakton's district. Supervise the Recruitment and Outreach team. Manage Admission Customer Relations Management (CRM) system, including communication plans. Oversee Student Ambassador Program and develop recruitment publications.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Recruitment Suite to create and improve application processes for new students.
- Develop and oversee email campaigns to prospective students and applicants. Collaborate with Admission Operations and Information Technology to improve business processes that support new student admission and enrollment.
- Assist the Director of Admission and Enrollment with daily supervision of admissions staff, including facilitation of staff meetings, scheduling of assigned responsibilities, training and professional development, and leading new projects. Serve as decision maker in Director's absence.
- Evaluate relevant practices and procedures and make appropriate recommendations to improve the onboarding process and student experience. Develop written standard operating procedures for complex processes.
- Plan, organize, and execute college-wide and department campus recruitment events, such as Campus Visits, Open Houses, Admitted Student Nights, and other program specific events. This will include evening and weekend events.
- Select, hire, train, and manage candidates for the Student Ambassador Program. Perform annual assessments and evaluations with Student Ambassadors.
- Develop year-long communication and marketing plan which include specific and measurable objectives, strategies, timelines, and evaluation methods through multiple measures, such as mail, email, text, and phone for identified market segments (i.e. traditional students, adult students, underrepresented populations, etc).
- Partner with College Relations to coordinate, develop, and update recruitment materials for prospective students, influencers, and community members.
- Oversee promotion and recruitment of students in guaranteed admission and pathways programs, such as the Engineering Pathways to UIUC program, ICATT apprentice program, and others. Serve on the admission committee for programs requiring selective dual admission.
- Oversee departmental chatbot on Oakton.edu website which includes coordinating the staff scheduling s, and creating trend and usage reports.
- Oversee departmental program and learning assessment initiatives, and utilize data and reports to identify enrollment trends and areas for growth.
- Collaborate with the Managers of Enrollment Services, and Admission Operations to facilitate effective planning and ensure clear communication regarding equity minded admission and enrollment policies, processes, and procedures. collaboration with the Director, plan and monitor the department operating budget.
- In alignment with the college Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) plan and assist in the development of annual recruitment plans, which includes specific and measurable objectives, strategies, specific populations, timelines, and evaluation methods.
- Provide assistance and advice to prospective students regarding the college's application procedure, policies, requirements, deadlines, and programs in person, via phone, or electronic communication through individual and group methods.
- Utilize professional development resources to be informed on latest recruitment trends, and national best practices - especially those with an equity framework.
- Represent the College at business, community, career centers, high school, fairs, and special events.
- Participate in Enrollment Center cross training activities to develop knowledge in other functional student areas in order to provide integrated and comprehensive information to students and the community.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in college student personnel, higher education administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and abilities can be obtained is required. Master's degree in college student personnel, higher education administration, or related field is preferred.
- Three years of increasingly responsible experience working in college admissions or a related field required. Experience supervising others preferred.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills required. Must be able to illustrate college programs and services through group or one-on-one presentations. Ability to clearly explain college policies and/or practices, both orally and in writing, is required.
- Requires the ability to handle multiple priorities, organize work, and function independently, while keeping attention to detail, under heavy workloads and during peak times.
- The ability to enter, retrieve, and utilize data on a computer is required. Experience with Ellucian Banner student information system and managing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system preferred.
- Expierence leveraging technology such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and Zoom preferred.
- Cultural competency and the ability to work with diverse populations is highly preferred
Light lifting up to 10 lbs. and light carrying up to 10 lbs. Ability to reach above shoulder. Periods of time spent sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, bending and stooping. Mobility to move from building to building on- Campus and to visit off-Campus entities. Work is performed in a general office environment and sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Administrative supervision is received from the Director of Admission and Enrollment.
Functional supervision exercised over the Recruitment and Outreach team as well as Student employees.
Based on the needs of the college and with Administrator approval, some positions at the college may have remote or hybrid schedule options available. Please note, that during the 65 working day probationary period, employees are required to report to campus.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
Salary - $66,605
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*