Reports to: Vice President for Government Affairs and Advocacy
Who we are:
Council on International Education and Exchange (CIEE) is a nonprofit study abroad and intercultural exchange organization that transforms lives and builds bridges between individuals and nations through study abroad and international exchange experiences that help people develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
Why work with us:
- You will change the world. CIEE builds bridges between different people, different countries, and different cultures. We help young people participate in high-quality international exchange and study abroad programs that bring the world together. We change lives, our alumni change the world. Be part of the change!
- You will receive a competitive total rewards package. CIEE provides all employees with exceptional benefits offerings that increase total compensation by upwards of 25%. Our top-tier benefits include premium healthcare insurance, annual Company contributions to your retirement fund (up to 5%), generous personal time off (including vacation, holidays, and floating Fridays), and the full suite of insurance
- You will be part of a fast-paced, international, diverse, and collaborative team of professionals. CIEE operates the largest nonprofit network of study abroad locations, with facilities and staff in 26 countries. Additionally, we help international participants from over 130 countries come to the USA each year. Committed to excellence and solving whatever problem the world throws at them, CIEE professionals work on international teams and are dedicated to advancing our 75-year-old mission to make the world a more peaceful place
Who you are:
The Manager, Host Relations, Professional Exchange Programs will be responsible for growing CIEE’s host network. This will include, identifying hosts with international internship programs, building a pipeline, cultivating relationships, host education/communication, and selling CIEE placement services to businesses in the U.S. in a way that aligns with CIEE’s mission and value.
Creative, flexible, fearless, and driven business development wizard. Sales-minded, goal-oriented, adept at generating leads, building sustainable relationships, providing superior customer service, and working with cross-selection of teams to deliver results.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Vice President of GAA in areas to include Congressional communications and engagement, industry and local association advocacy, and relationship building with federal agencies and embassies
- Assist leadership to advance communications and advocacy strategies for the Coalition of American Public Diplomacy and Leadership’s (CAPDL) coalition network
- Develop and manage the CAPDL advocacy network, outreach and website
- Assist in updating and managing CIEE’s activity and contact database, and assist in creating and writing external communications
- Schedule, plan, and attend Congressional events, hearings and meetings
- Write analysis of federal policy/regulations, watch priority Congressional committee hearings and activity, and watch for regulatory changes
- Additional work to include supporting relationship building with U.S. embassies abroad and foreign embassies in the U.S.
- As needed, liaise with other program teams at CIEE
- Other advocacy work as required
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferred major in Public Administration, Public Policy, Sociology, Communications, English, or the like.
- 1-3 years of experience in advocacy, communications, or government relations/affairs.
- Superb writing and verbal communications skills, with strong ability to analyze data.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, OneNote and Teams.
- Have a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Be a self-starter and independent worker.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Canva.
- Flexible, ability to pivot work due to sudden changes in strategy.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and work with new teams as needed.
CIEE believes that diversity matters and those professionals with diverse backgrounds provide diverse approaches and ideas to solving problems and finding ways to advance our mission to bring the world together. Candidates from underrepresented groups with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment
As a condition of employment with CIEE, all new employees must comply with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires proof of full vaccination status, subject to any local laws or restrictions.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*