Youth Development Professional
Youth Development Professional
Full Job Description
Now offering for a limited time up to $600 sign-on incentive ($300 paid upon hire and $300 paid after 6 months of employment)
Leading the Change in Youth Development
At Boys & Girls Clubs of King County, we are taking youth programming to a new level. We are a leader in youth development, providing a safe, affordable place for kids and teens during critical out-of-school time. Our Clubs offer life-changing programs and services to more than 26,000 youth throughout the greater Seattle area.
As the third largest major metro Boys & Girls Club organization in the United States, we have a rich history serving King County youth. If you are passionate about youth development, love to connect with people, have a proven track record of results with youth, and want to be part of an extraordinary team, Boys & Girls Clubs of King County is for you!
Opportunity Overview: YOUTH DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL
A Youth Development Professional (YDP) supports Club Leadership in providing an Outcome Driven Club Experience in a variety of programming areas including: Gym, Games Room, Learning Center, Computer Lab, Kitchen, Club Entry, and other targeted programming areas. The majority of responsibilities are working directly with youth, ensuring their safety, well-being and development through interactive play and other activities as directed.
The YDP is self-motivated, mature, energetic, and able to maintain clear and healthy boundaries with club members, parents and staff; able to communicate and interact with youth in a way that is age appropriate, motivational and positive in nature. The YDP must be flexible, have the ability to adapt to a work environment which changes often, must remain calm and solve problems in stressful situations. The YDP must anticipate and implement all elements of activities in an organized fashion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide engaged presence to prepare youth for success while creating a safe and healthy Club environment that facilitates positive youth development
- Ensure facilities, equipment & supplies are maintained
- Assist with planning, developing, implementing and evaluating programs
- Collect and track Club member attendance, coursework and behavior data
- Model mature work behaviors to ensure a productive work environment
- Ensure program areas are set-up and cleaned up on a daily basis
- Assist in facilitation of club specific and BGCA core programs
- Assist in facilitation and delivery of High Yield Learning Activities (HYLAs)
- Ensure member confidentiality during and after employment: which includes, but not limited to membership data, and school data and other information obtained
- Affirm positive behavior in members, and deliver coaching conversations and redirection when needed
- Build partnerships with parents and families
- Develop programs and activities that support the three impact pillars: heatlthy lifestyles, good character and citizenship, and academic success
Internal: Maintain close, daily positive contact with club staff, volunteers, club members, and supervisor. Attend staff meetings.
External: Maintain a good reputation and moral conduct outside of work, in the community and on social media networks.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and experience working with a non-profit youth development agency, Boys & Girls Club experience preferred
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, professional presence, strong customer relations skills and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Understanding of youth development principles, ability to motivate youth in a positive way
- Collaborate with other Clubs, Sites and Community Partners
- Learn and support new ideas for the good of the Club
- Model and guide youth in strengths-based problem solving, goal setting and study skills
- Experience working within diverse cultures preferred
Requirements for staff upon hire:
- TB test results required within 30 days of employment
- Completion of initial STARS basic training within 6 months of hire
- HIV/AIDS, First Aid, CPR and BBP certification (within 90 days of hire)
HOURS: Variable Part-time: Under 30 hours per week
LOCATION: Wallingford Boys & Girls Club, 1310 N 45th St, Seattle, WA 98103
PAY RATE: $21.00
FLSA: Hourly, Non-exempt
Benefits of working with us include:
- $600 sign-on incentive ($300 paid upon hire & $300 paid after 6 months of employment)
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Access to Transit/Flexible Spending Cards
- Eligibility for Free Medical Insurance through the WA Health Exchange
- Growth and training opportunities
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those occurring in the performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position description generally describes the principle functions of the position and the level of knowledge and skills typically required. It does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and it is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Boys & Girls Clubs of King County (BGCKC) is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. BGCKC does not discriminate with regards to hiring, assignment, promotion or other conditions of staff employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other status protected under local, state or federal law.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of our positions.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*