General Education Faculty - Accounting
Cambridge College Overview: Cambridge is a leading "student-centered" educator for the next generation of allied health and Information Technology (IT) related professionals. Healthcare and IT are changing. Future professionals need to be patient-centered and savvy about business in ways their predecessors simply couldn't. At Cambridge, we're leading the way in educating the next generation of medical and IT related professionals. We accomplish this by putting students at the center of the educational process. We empower every student and staff member to be their best as they take responsibility for confronting the challenges of healthcare and IT. We inspire everyone to pursue the future with dedication and a strategy for achievement in their careers and in every frontier of their lives.
Cambridge is culturally diverse, equitably balancing teaching, student improvement and professional growth through engaging clinical practice in a variety of healthcare settings. We teach our graduates to demonstrate ethical leadership as healthcare and IT professionals. We are committed to anticipating and adapting to meet the ever-changing future environment and needs while addressing current opportunities.
Cambridge is seeking a well-organized and self-driven Online Adjunct Faculty member to teach an “Accounting” course as part of our Bachelors Programs.
- Prepares and delivers relevant and current curriculum using a variety of teaching methods and standardized assessment tools that accurately reflect effectiveness of course content;
- Measures student understanding of course content;
- Hold at least one hour of live chat per week;
- Conduct student outreach to ensure students are participating;
- Respond to e-mails and grading in a timely manner;
- Maintains accurate records of student attendance, academic achievement, and performance in accordance with institutional policies and procedures;
- Distributes to each student, in each course, a Cambridge approved syllabus that includes course objectives, texts, attendance policy, materials required for course, and evaluative criteria;
- Participate heavily in Online Discussion Boards;
- Keep course material current, and upload content pertinent to the subject;
- Maintain regular office hours for student academic advisement/consultations;
- Communicate early with any student in danger of failure or in need of individual counseling;
- Distributes weekly progress reports to the leadership over online engagement for students in jeopardy of failing course; and,
- Attends meetings and faculty orientation as required.
*NOTE: Adjunct Faculty members are hired as needed on a per term basis. As such, Adjunct Faculty's course load varies per term.
- Must hold a Master’s Degree.
- Must have at least 18 semester credit hours or equivalent in the subject area or demonstrates equivalent, relevant training or experience in the subject matter.
- Must have three years of teaching experience
- Excellent Computer Skills.
- Experience with an online Learning Platform (ex. Blackboard)
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Master's (Required)
- Teaching: 3 years (Required)
- Blackboard: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*