Director- Employer Engagement
Director- Employer Engagement
Full Job Description
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$83,000+ (commensurate with education and experience)
$150 per month
Under general supervision of the Senior Director of the Employment Resource Center (ERC), The Director of Employer Engagement serves as a liaison between key industry sector employers, directs, and manages career development services to assist all students, faculty, and employer partners in the development of career exploration, career identification and research, and pursuit of employment opportunities. The Director of Employer Engagement will identify employers with living wage, entry-level and middle-skill employment opportunities that may offer Dallas College students a path to future economic self-sufficiency.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College.
- Experience leading or managing major change initiatives including knowledge and skill in process improvement, project planning, conflict resolution, team building, customer service, and data-based decision-making concepts.
- Ability to identify and address opportunities and challenges that arise as a result of Dallas College’s current transition.
- Ability to collaborate at a high level; work with multiple stakeholders simultaneously, take ownership of various pieces of job preparation and placement process.
- Strong writing skills with ability to draft memos, business correspondence, website content, and create tool kits.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from a variety of economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, physical and mental abilities, and sexual orientations and those with limited English skills.
- Strong public speaking skills in a variety of venues and ability to inspire and motivate students and business partners.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three (3) years of progressive responsibility in administrative and/or educational leadership roles
- Three (3) years of experience in economic development-related roles
- Three (3) years of experience working with CRM systems to guide economic development and workforce initiatives and decisions
- Demonstrated successful experience developing strategic partnerships to support economic growth through employer engagement, data analysis and application
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to working across the community to create economic opportunities and living-wage jobs for underserved/marginalized populations
- Current and valid driver's license required.
- Official transcripts are required.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze local labor market to identify trends for specific industry sectors including their employment and business trends, desired skills and hiring requirements for a variety of entry and mid-level jobs, and career advancement opportunities.
- Create marketing materials and make presentations to individual employers, industry trade associations, chambers of commerce, and other business groups about the ERC and potential job candidates.
- Responsible in identifying job classifications and/or career pathways that could be adapted to meet skill levels of students as well as the employer
- Examine employer hiring practices and identify strategies for improving outreach and recruitment of qualified candidates.
- Involve employers directly in the ERC through advisory groups, on-thejob training efforts, and employer appreciation events.
- Engage industry leaders and hiring gatekeepers to match job openings with students seeking employment, and partner with employers to deepen their understanding of cultural competence.
- Advise Career Coaches on strategies to help students with job skills preparation including resumes, applications, interview training, hiring negotiations, and career advancement.
- Deliver industry sector and job search workshops in partnership with internal career development departments for employment seeking students.
- Develop employer outreach and work plans that results in the hiring of students, and track and report outcomes in Salesforce and other technology platforms.
- Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 19 Sep 2022 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 3 Oct 2022 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*