132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
This job has Expired
Assistant Director of Nursing - Roxbury Community College
Assistant Director of Nursing - Roxbury Community College
Job Type: Full-time
Full Job Description
Location: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted On: Fri Sep 16 2022
The Assistant Director of Nursing is responsible for the management of the Nursing Programs under the direction of the Director of Nursing. The Assistant Director is responsible for clinical site agreements, faculty management; budget management; advisory board collaboration; program accreditation and innovative delivery of instruction. The Assistant Director will assure all programs meet state and national requirements. The Assistant Director will provide leadership and administrative direction to the Nursing faculty, including the implementation of collective bargaining agreements.
Supervision Received: Director of Nursing
Supervision Exercised: This position is responsible for the supervision and activities of the staff and faculty of the Nursing Programs.
- Directs the activities of faculty and staff for all levels of Nursing education.
- Ensures compliance with national, regional and/or local accrediting and licensure guidelines.
- Facilitates the development, review and revision of Nursing curricula to ensure quality and relevancy in collaboration with the faculty and advisory board.
- Establishes and maintains high quality clinical sites and appropriate site agreements.
- Recruits, recommends, and evaluates all new fulltime faculty, adjunct faculty, professional and support staff.
- Orients all new department members to the philosophy, goals, and procedures of the Nursing Department and the College.
- Manages and insures the delivery of high quality, professional standard instructional services by faculty in the division.
- Encourages the use of multiple modes of delivery including blended, hybrid and other online options, as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Office of Admissions and Office of the Registrar to ensure student application and selection processes are conducted according to compliance standards.
- Implements the effective assessment of student learning at the course, program and college levels.
- Conducts annual program review.
- Assists in providing professional development opportunities for faculty and staff in the department.
- Maintains systematic flow of information through regularly scheduled department and program meetings.
- Arbitrates student problems regarding academic program requirements in accordance with College, Commonwealth and federal policy.
- Develops schedules of courses and manages faculty load.
- Maintains multi-disciplinary partnerships with external professional entities, including stakeholders, clinical site providers and employers, to support the program advisory board.
- Works effectively as a team member with other college departments.
- Represents Roxbury Community College and Nursing education in the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master of Science in Nursing degree from a regionally-accredited institution of higher education in the US.
- Current, valid and unencumbered licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Teaching experience in an accredited community college, or other accredited higher education institution.
- Knowledge of BORN and ACEN accreditation standards, and ability to lead the accreditation process.
- Experience in urban multicultural higher education, laboratory and clinical settings.
- Familiarity with multiple education modalities including simulation and online learning.
- Superior interpersonal skills. A highly effective listener and communicator with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Seasoned manager, diplomat and leader with strong organizational and team-building skills and the ability to inspire faculty with diverse interests.
- Evenings and weekend availability.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and ability to learn new software requirements.
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation. Including but not limited to:
- Reasonable Health, Dental and Vision Plans
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 12 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
All offers of employment at Roxbury Community College are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check review. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates and/or all persons who have an employment relationship with RCC, as deemed necessary.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all Community College students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*