132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
This job has Expired
Business Adjunct faculty teach courses as assigned based on Departmental needs, educational background, and experience. Faculty develop and/or present course materials as requested by the Program Manager and evaluate student progress in adherence with the core learning outcomes of assigned courses. Adjunct faculty are expected to adhere to Department and College requirements, work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community, and use varying teaching styles and approaches that reflect an understanding and acceptance of the role of culture in a diverse, multicultural workplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. Teach core introductory and general education courses in Business
2. Facilitate student mastery of core learning outcomes using the most relevant and scholarly tools available
3. Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum
4. Actively engage students in critical thinking, meta-cognitive processes and advancement of critical communication skills
5. Model and cultivate open-minded inquiry, an appreciation for diverse perspectives, and creative problem-solving
6. Provide service to the College and community to support and to enhance the College mission
7. Serve on committees and participate in department meetings
8. Maintain currency in academic discipline and pedagogy by actively participating in professional organizations at the state, regional, and national levels and by engaging in other professional development opportunities
9. Appreciate and articulate the value of a strong general education program and uses that framework to mentor adjunct faculty members and students
10. Uphold and contribute to the achievement of the Frederick Community College Strategic Plan
Required Minimum Qualifications:
1. An MBA or Master’s degree in one of the following business-specific areas: Administration, Business Studies, Finance, Human Resources, Leadership, Management, Marketing, Organizational Behavior, or Public Relations
2. Two (2) years of experience in business or management
3. Two (2) years of college teaching experience or providing workplace training
1. Experience and expertise teaching in multiple business related subject areas to include general business (marketing, management, HR, etc.), organization and leadership, and finance
2. Greater than two (2) years work experience related to the discipline areas
3. Online and/or hybrid teaching experience.
Note: The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine positions at any time
Special Instructions to Applicants
All applications and required documents must be submitted online. Mail, e-mail, or fax submissions will not be accepted. By completing this application, you are putting your name into consideration to be hired as a Frederick Community College adjunct faculty member. This posting will remain active through May 31, 2023. For questions regarding this position or for more information, please contact Karen Wilson at email@example.com. Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment. Frederick Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values campus diversity in students and staff and encourages members from historically under-represented groups to apply.
Frederick Community College is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and strictly prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*