Functional Title:Buyer/Procurement Specialist
Category Status:33-Exempt Regular
Applicant Search Category:Staff
University Authorized FTE:1.000
Unit:VPA-Procurement and Strategic Sourcing
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.
The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible related professional experience.
Knowledge , Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to conduct effective negotiations for the most complex and difficult contracts and contract modifications and claims with the ability to maintain the proper degree of business equity when dealing with private industry and in seeking University management approvals.
- Ability to lead the University negotiating teams in negotiating prices, terms, and conditions and settlement of competitively negotiated contracts for the resolution of complex change orders and claims.
- Dispute resolution skills in negotiation, mediation, arbitration, litigation, and other remedies.
- Skill in financial and quantitative analysis to analyze contractor financial statements and perform extensive data analysis including review of cost breakdowns to determine reasonableness.
- In-depth knowledge of various types of contracts, methods of contracting, and selection factors to plan appropriate strategies to procure complex requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of contractual techniques when changes in the technical requirements, design concepts, etc. are required, i.e., development of new terms and conditions or other innovations necessary to satisfy a unique procurement requirement or condition.
- Knowledge of purchasing automated data processing applications.
Job RisksNot Applicable to This Position
Open Until FilledYes
Best Consideration Date09/26/2022
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*