This job has Expired
Adjunct Faculty: Law
Adjunct Faculty: Law
See Position Description
Prescott and Clarkdale, AZ
Adjunct Faculty (Part Time)
AA - Adjunct Faculty
12/13/2022 11:59 PM Arizona
Description of Position
Hiring Rate: $914.00 per load hour
The Paralegal Department is currently seeking qualified faculty to teach for Spring 2023.
The successful faculty member recognizes that service to our students is our highest priority, and embraces their role in student success, recruitment, and retention. This includes being open to a variety of delivery methods and course design with the possibility of interactive, online, day, evening, weekend classes and/or teaching at various College locations and/or in the high school/college dual enrollment programs. In addition, faculty should be open to both traditional (16 week) and compressed course design (i.e., 8 week classes). Faculty can expect to participate in innovative forms of assessment and should be willing to utilize Open Educational Resources (OER) when possible.
Unofficial transcripts must be attached when submitting the application.
Terms of Teaching Assignment Include:
- Meet and teach assigned class(es) in accordance with course outlines, including specified textbooks. A course outline is a district-approved document covering such items as course prefix, number, title, description, learning outcomes and content.
- Develop and submit to the division office a course syllabus and calendar based upon the approved college course outline prior to the start of class. Every course syllabus must incorporate the required components of a course syllabus. A syllabus is a learning plan designed by the instructor to inform students about the learning outcomes, assessment requirements, grading criteria, attendance standards, institution policies and support services.
- Promptly submit required rosters, grade reports, evaluations, and academic reports; retain student grade records for one calendar year.
- Follow the accepted standards of conduct for faculty as described in applicable academic policies, which relate to satisfactory service and conduct becoming of a faculty member.
- Yavapai College requires that you use the official email address provided by Yavapai College. It is expected that you will monitor the email account regularly for official correspondence from Yavapai College and your Division and respond to students in a timely and professional manner.
- Attend required instructional related meetings such as: orientation meetings, department or division meetings, other meetings as required.
- Attend meetings and workshops as may be necessary to obtain or renew certification or essential licensure requirements.
- Complete all required NEOED trainings on an annual basis.
- New adjunct faculty must complete the Teaching Online Readiness Course in Canvas within the first semester of teaching.
- Participate in professional development opportunities offered at Yavapai College, including orientation, workshops, trainings, Convocation and division and department meetings, as applicable.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Employment is on a non-continuing basis, and consecutive teaching assignments do not lead to probationary or continuing faculty status. Teaching assignments are part-time, on a semester basis only and may or may not be continued based on student enrollment and College need.
Minimum Expectations & Requirements
Faculty teaching general education courses, or other non-occupational courses that transfer, typically hold a Master’s degree or higher in the discipline or subfield. If a faculty member holds a Master’s degree or higher in a discipline or subfield other than that in which he or she is teaching, that faculty member should have completed a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in the discipline or subfield in which they teach. (HLC Policy Adopted June 2015).
Minimum Qualifications for Occupational Disciplines:
- Degree in discipline (Associate’s degree or higher) AND 5 years or 5,000 hours of documented experience recent with the discipline; AND/OR
- Professional Licensure/Specialized certificate(s) AND/OR 5 years or 5,000 hours of documented and recent work experience.
Coursework and Degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution.
Official transcripts must be ordered at time of hire.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Community college or other higher education teaching experience.
- Experience with online learning systems such as Canvas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and competencies listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular attendance is an essential job function as it demonstrates dependability towards the performance of job duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but may vary based on assignment.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*