132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Administrative Assistant, Reception
Administrative Assistant, Reception
18 month full-time fixed term contract
Great opportunity to be the face of the University's Careers Centre
Base Salary $73,751 - $77,926 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
As the Administrative Assistant (Reception), you will be responsible for providing relevant information to students, staff and employers through front desk reception and switchboard services as well as providing administrative support to the Careers Centre. You will also be required to deliver relevant information to students, staff, employers, and the general public about other services within the Student Support Services Division
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Work within a dynamic team, reporting to the Resources and Information manager
- provide general administrative support for the major services and functions of the Careers Centre
- respond to student, staff, and employer enquiries, via by mail, phone and email
- perform general front desk duties, including maintenance of Outlook calendars and digital signage
- actively contribute as an effective team member to broader student support services programs and initiatives.
- demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement
- ability to prioritise tasks and workloads during busy periods
- the ability to apply policy guidelines and advise on procedures in response to enquiries or in dealing with problems
- proven customer service experience in a client focused environment
- strong communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to engage with a diverse range of clients
- excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, spread sheets and databases.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Kale Claffey, Recruitment Operations, on 02 8627 7741or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Thursday 22 September 2022 11:59 PM
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*