This job has Expired
Computer Science Instructional Faculty FT (F02074)
Montgomery College, Rockville campus, is seeking a Computer Science faculty member to fill position starting January 2023. We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated teachers who exhibit a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner. The successful candidates will be committed to teaching in a multi-cultural, two-year environment focused on students with diverse learning abilities. Important qualities expected in the candidate include strong verbal and written communication skills, experience working with students of different backgrounds, and commitment to the community college mission. This position is part of a collective bargaining unit.
Our computer science program is a fully transferrable program to 4-year universities with over a thousand majors.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Faculty member will teach 30 equivalent semester hours per academic year of courses related to Computer Science and Cloud Computing.
- Faculty member is expected to advise and tutor students.
- Faculty member must be willing to participate in student club sponsorships.
- Faculty member will mentor students, and also be an effective student advocate, particularly for students who are transferring to 4-year institutions.
- Faculty member will advise students about transfer and proactively arranging for scholarship/ research or internship opportunities.
- Faculty member is expected to teach a varied schedule that may include day, night, early morning, weekend and/or accelerated sections. Opportunities may exist for teaching summer classes.
- While the home campus will be Rockville, successful candidate is expected to engage in cross campus teaching (e.g. Germantown, Takoma Park/Silver Spring, Rockville) when needed and assigned.
- Faculty member will serve on, or lead, department, discipline, campus and college committees
- Faculty member will maintain an active program of professional development and participate in professional organizations and activities.
- Faculty member will be able to teach a range of introductory and advance computer science and cloud computing courses.
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or closely related fields.
- At least two semesters of recent full-time or equivalent experience teaching
- Proficiency with Java, C++, Python, Discrete Structures, Data Structures.
- Knowledge of cloud computing, systems analysis and design, theory of algorithms, operating systems.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus). Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or closely related fields.
- Professional experience in Cloud Computing or related field.
- Current cloud industrial certification such as CompTIA Cloud+ or compatible one from major cloud providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google, IBM or Oracle.
- Experience in teaching systems analysis and design, theory of algorithms, operating systems, data structures, discrete structures, Python, Java, C++, cloud computing courses.
- Knowledge of database, Microsoft C#.NET/VB.NET, Unix/Linux.
- Current Industry certifications such as Oracle Certified Professional, Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Two (2) or more years of full-time work experience in the computer field, including experience in the design, implementation, and testing of software.
Hiring Range: $62,319 to $91,218.
- To apply online, please visit: https://www.montgomerycollege.edu/about-mc/careers/index.html
- Online applications must be received by September 26, 2022.
- International degrees require proof of U.S. degree equivalency.
- A cover letter is recommended.
- Unofficial transcripts may be requested after application review.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Closing DateMonday, September 26, 2022
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*