132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Business, Entrepreneurialism and Management Advising Support
Working under a learning college philosophy (http://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college) and placing learning first anyway, anyplace, anytime.The Business, Entrepreneurialism and Management (BEM) advising team is seeking support staff for administrative duties, outreach and student progress tracking. This position assists in creating a welcoming environment; ensuring timely and equitable access to advising services; and making appropriate referrals to other services on campus. Outstanding customer service and a great experience for our students is our goal.
This position will provide support with outreach, emails, appointment management, maintaining documents, provide basic advising toward business programs, and other duties as assigned. Provide basic information on business programs to small or large groups.
50% - Outreach to students, including calling and emailing returning, new and prospective students.
20% - Responding to inquiries from Business, Entrepreneurialism, and Management students, including providing informal advisement. Ordering forms, maintaining copies for and front desk. Provide basic information about Business, Entrepreneurialism, and Management programs to small or large groups that could including student faculty and staff.
20% - Tracking student progress.
10% - Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Eligibility for Federal Work Study.
- Experience providing front-line customer service.
- Courteous, positive and friendly attitude when working with students and staff in-person, virtually, or on the phone.
- Willing to learn and share information about college resources; a genuine desire to help students succeed.
- Experience communicating effectively in person and in writing
- Perform multiple tasks while maintaining attention to details.
- Experience working in a team and with diverse populations
- Keep a work schedule and present yourself in a professional manner.
- Pursuing a program of study related to Business (e.g. business, accounting, culinary arts, etc.) to get a working knowledge and relate to students
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, etc.), PeopleSoft, electronic forms, reporting systems or similar applications
- Experience with public speaking
- Please include your MEID in your resume and cover letter.
- Must be available to attend training.
- Must be dependable and available during peak times throughout the semester.
- Positions open until filled.
Please include with your cover letter a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*