132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Port Jefferson, NY
Full Job Description
The Molecular Technologist is responsible for performing all aspects of testing in a clinical molecular Laboratory. The technologists evaluate and introduce new material, methods, and equipment to help determine the feasibility and/or adaptability for clinical molecular studies. They assist supervisors in the development of new technologies and participate in documenting and implementing Quality Assurance (QA)/ Quality Control (QC)/Quality Inventory (QI) procedures. Technologist will also participate in troubleshooting and training of junior personnel as directed.
In this role, you will:
· Perform routine testing, quality control, calibration, maintenance and proficiency testing in accordance with current laboratory procedures.
· Perform complex molecular-based procedures with a high degree of quality and in accordance with established protocols.
· Oversee inventory and ordering of laboratory supplies.
· Participate in troubleshooting of equipment as needed.
· Report service failures/non conformances to supervisor/manager and documents corrective actions as needed.
· Provide supervision of non-technical staff and trainees as needed.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· A BS in biology, medical technology, or equivalent science.
· 1-3 years Molecular laboratory experience; AS degree in Medical Technology with MLT certification and experience as above.
· ASCP certification in MLT or equivalent preferred.
· You to be qualified and have current licenses for all applicable state and regulatory agencies.
Salary up to $55 per hour.
Benefits including Tuition Reimbursement, Health Insurance on day 1 of employment, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long term disability, 401k Plan, generous PTO time, 8 paid holidays (2 floating) and more.
Molecular Technologist, for impediment consideration please email resumes to our corporate headquarters
Robert Nicoletti - Chief Human Resources Officer
New York Cancer & Blood Specialists
1500 Route 112
Human Resources Department
Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776
Fax - (631) 675 5066
Visit our website at: nycancer.com and follow us on Facebook.
New York Cancer and Blood Specialists is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $55.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*