Epic Security Coordinator
Epic Security Coordinator
Full Job Description
About Akron Children’s Hospital
Akron Children’s Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we’re making it easier for today’s busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children’s Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children’s Anywhere app, we’re here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Epic Security Coordinator works in conjunction with the Epic team members and trainers regarding workflow analysis, design and build sessions with Subject Matter Experts [including physicians, nursing, respiratory care, pharmacy and other ancillary or business services].
1. Works in conjunction with the Epic team members and trainers regarding workflow analysis, design and build sessions with Subject Matter Experts [including physicians, nursing, respiratory care, pharmacy and other ancillary or business services].
2. Provides Epic user security and access support to include user provisioning activities in accordance with ACH user security/regulatory guidelines. Supports the Change Control Process from the Epic security standpoint by reviewing the data migration of all Security owned master files.
3. Works in conjunction with the SER/Provider Provisioning Security Team, and the Non-Epic Security Team to collaborate on security issues. Participates in team cross training and knowledge transfer exercises, providing ACH Security Team support depth.
4. Leads monthly Epic Security Workgroup status meetings and is accountable for items in area of responsibility assigned.
5. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in designing, developing, configuring, testing, implementing, and supporting components within Epic User Security Module is required.
2. Experience in project management is preferred.
3. Experience in Epic or other Electronic Health Record software is required.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
2. Certification: EPIC certification is required within one year of hire.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
Position: IT IS
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*