132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Part-time Facilities - Ground
Maintain safe and attractive grounds and landscaping for Texarkana College.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Ability to understand detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to operate power-driven equipment.
- Must have the ability to be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Minimum 2 years verifiable work experience after high school. Experience in handling and use of lawn care equipment and tools.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Grounds and Landscaping
- Using job appropriate equipment and tools, maintain mowing and trimming of all public areas of the lawn and grounds, prunes trees and shrubs, trims trees and shrubs, removes debris, and assists in small and large scale event set-ups.
- Operates and conducts tasks in a safe and environmentally conscientious manner.
- Follow scheduled maintenance plan to care for lawns, trees, shrubs, and flowers by watering, pruning, fertilizing, mulching, caring for beds, and controlling weeds.
- Plant shrubs and vegetation.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety procedures. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting and climbing.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Inspect and adjust tools and equipment for safety and efficiency and perform preventive maintenance as needed.
Commensurate within the Texarkana College pay scale for position.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*