This job has Expired
Communication Skills - Adjunct Instructor
Fox Valley Technical College is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to teach Written Communication and Oral/Interpersonal Communication Classes. Written Communication focuses on business writing and research. Oral/Interpersonal Communication focuses on speaking, intrapersonal/interpersonal communication, nonverbal communication, and listening.
Essential Job Functions/Secondary Job Functions
- Facilitation of Learning. Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students in associate degree, technical diploma, basic education, continuing education, and/or business and industry training programs. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level.
- Classroom Management. Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
- Interpersonal/Team Skills. Participate in activities of the instructional team, including planning, development, scheduling, and budgeting as a cooperative and professional team player.
- Student Support and Guidance. Advise and support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
- (If applicable) Curriculum Development. Develop, revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with the college policy on level of required documentation.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- For Written Communication, Master's Degree in English or Journalism with at least eighteen semester credits in writing or journalism; for Oral/Interpersonal Communication, Masters Degree in English, Speech or Communications with at least eighteen graduate semester credits in a combination of speaking, listening, and composition.
- A minimum of one year of work experience outside of education is required.
- Previous teaching experience is desirable.
- Upon hire, must maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements and licensure required by other agencies to maintain individual and program accreditation, if applicable.
Essential Aptitudes, Skills, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics
- Success and commitment as a team player, including the ability to engage in win-win thinking and to foster consensus.
- Flexibility in schedule, including availability for evening and weekend assignments.
- Flexibility, including the acceptance of and willingness to change.
- Demonstrated ability for written and oral communication with students, staff, employers and other external entities.
- Proficiency in computer use and applications which support teaching and learning.
- Highly motivated with strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the college.
- Ability to work with diverse student, staff, and community populations.
- Understanding and successful use of learning technology, both on-line and as a tool for distance education.
- A record of innovations which will facilitate student learning.
- Demonstrated development of course materials and assessments of student learning.
- An educational philosophy which places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of courses.
- Willingness to take risks and try new things.
- Willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- A commitment to the mission, purposes, and values of the college.
Pay: $35.50 - $40.00 per hour. Pay is based on a multitude of factors, including experience, qualifications, education, relevant certifications, internal equity, and market data. Note: Internal applicants' wage will be based upon the applicable compensation structure.
It is the expectation that all employees comply and cooperate with the College’s emergency action plan and any rapidly changing protocols, as well any applicable government orders affecting the College’s operations. This includes adhering to safety protocols and using face coverings and personal protective equipment as applicable.
FVTC strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. FVTC does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, weight or any other protected class.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*