This job has Expired
Workforce Development & Outreach Coordinator
IATSE Local 481
Workforce Development & Outreach Coordinator
ABOUT IATSE AND LOCAL 481
The International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) represents over 160,000 people working behind the scenes in the Entertainment Industry in the United States and
IATSE Local 481 represents technicians and craftspeople who work behind-the-scenes on a variety of motion picture productions including feature films, commercials, television production, industrials, documentaries, music videos, and web content. Our members live and work in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, & Vermont.
Local 481 currently has a growing membership of 1,300 who work in crafts such as Art Department, Set Construction, Costume, Craft Service, Set Lighting, Greens, Grip, Locations, First Aid, Properties, Set Decoration, Sound, Special Effects, Set Teachers, and Video Assist.
Local 481 is a member organization led by an elected Executive Board and supported by a professional office staff and various member committees.
Our Local is committed to social justice, equity, and workers’ rights and to developing pathways for new workers from underrepresented communities.
The Workforce Development & Outreach Coordinator is a new position that will collaborate with the Local 481 staff, leadership, and members to grow the membership through recruitment and outreach efforts, particularly within underrepresented communities. These efforts will include educating people about the opportunities and skills required to work in the Film/TV industry as well as the value of trade
The Workforce Development & Outreach Coordinator is an individual who has demonstrated knowledge, skills, awareness of, and commitment to contemporary issues of inclusion, social justice, diversity, access, and equity. Connections/relationships within communities of underrepresented voices in the industry is preferred.
Essential Outreach Functions:
• Identify organizations within the Local 481 Jurisdiction (MA, RI, NH, ME, & VT), particularly those from underrepresented and underserved communities, whose individuals are interested in Film/TV industry opportunities
• Create partnerships and manage relationships with these community organizations to educate
about our industry and connect individuals to potential employment and membership opportunities. This may include the existing Local 481 Overhire List, Production Assistant opportunities, and the Area Standard Agreement Internship/Vocational Trainee program
• Coordinate and attend outreach events, possible trainings, and presentations with schools, community organizations, and our industry partners
• Represent Local 481 at Job Fairs or industry functions as a member of the Local 481 staff
• Build relationships with individuals discovered through various outreach efforts, including obtaining resumes and identifying experience and skill sets
• Work with current 481 members to match non-members with ASA Internship/Vocational
Trainee, Production Assistant, Local 481 Overhire, and other opportunities
Essential Internal Functions:
• Help identify Local 481 Members who are willing and qualified to serve as mentors, trainers, and participants in outreach
• Collaborate with Local 481 member committees about the Local’s DEI goals
• Communicate with the International, other IATSE Locals, and industry organizations regarding ways to improve DEI initiatives and advance our mission to create equity and justice in the workplace
• Provide updates on Workforce Development and DEI initiatives to the Executive Board and the General Membership
• Collaborate with the Training Coordinator to develop educational programs for the current Local
481 members on mentorship as well as issues regarding equity, justice, and allyship
• Communicate with other IATSE Locals, the International, and other industry organizations
regarding ways to improve DEI initiatives and advance our mission to create equity and justice in the workplace
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma/GED required. Associates degree or above preferred
• Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of training/experience
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently on multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
• Ability to use discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, & QUALIFICATIONS
• Highly collaborative style and flexible approach; willingness and demonstrated ability to work in teams, as both a lead and a supporting member
• Experience administering Workforce Development, retention, and mentorship programs
• Experience implementing and tracking DEI initiatives
• Experience working with/in underserved/underrepresented communities
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, social media engagement, and Mailchimp or other CRM
• Project management experience a plus
• Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
• Knowledge and experience working in the Film/TV industry is a BIG plus
• Experience with trade unions and union and/or community organizing a plus
Work is conducted in an office setting, based in Woburn, MA, with some community engagement and travel within the Local 481 jurisdiction (MA, RI, NH, ME, & VT)
There is a possibility of some remote work after initial on-site training. This is subject to change.
This is generally a M-F, 9am - 5pm position. However, there are often times when work will need to be done outside of these hours, including:
• 8 weekend day union meetings
• Special events and outreach engagements
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Prolonged periods of standing and/or sitting at events
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
• Able to travel as needed
Candidates must show proof of Covid-19 vaccinations. IATSE Local 481 requires all members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons.
$55,000 – $60,000/year
Comprehensive Health Insurance Coverage, Annuity and Pension Retirement Package, & Paid Time Off
Please submit Resume, Cover Letter, and References for this position by emailing jobs [@] iatse481.com
IATSE Local 481 celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. These values are critical to supporting the talented individuals we recruit and support.
IATSE Local 481 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*