Director of Enterprise Applications-Full-time, benefited non-unit professional position
Director of Enterprise Applications-Full-time, benefited non-unit professional position
Working within the Information Technology (IT) division, under the supervision of the Chief Information Officer, the Director of Enterprise Applications oversees and leads a four person technical team of developers and business/database analysts, who are collectively responsible for the maintenance, health, security, functionality and evolution of the College's core enterprise applications including our Banner Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/Student Information Management System (SIMS), Moodle Learning Management System (LMS), Oracle and SQL databases, DegreeWorks degree audit system, Dynamic Forms, Slate CRM and others. The Director works with administrative and academic staff, the CIO, the Information Technology team, and the College community to identify business and academic needs which are appropriately supported in enterprise applications, and ensures that systems are configured for optimal functionality, performance, reliability and flexibility. The Director of Enterprise Applications is responsible for long term planning of application integration, project management of new systems onboarding or offboarding and ensuring data integrity and timeliness across systems. They ensure that institutional data required for state, federal or grant reporting is accurate and reported out to appropriate parties as necessary. They also work collaboratively with the IT divisions' other Directors - the Director of Networks and Systems and the Director of the Teaching and Learning Innovation Center - to be sure goals and schedules are in alignment across the IT division and the overall College.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Management of Student Information Management (SIMS) Banner Applications
- Oversee all Banner application systems Including Banner, Banner Self-service, Oracle Database and other Banner subsystems hosted on Windows and Linux servers
- Oversee methods and maintenance for maintaining test, development and production instances of Banner platforms
- Approve and maintain security roles for SIMS Users, onboard and offboard access as users enter and leave the institution and as they change roles, ensuring appropriate levels of access to data.
- Ensure data integrity and cybersecurity of overall systems within the Banner system.
- Work with business, administrative and academic staff to ensure system functionality best meets operational requirements
Management of DegreeWorks (SW) Student Academic Audit Application, Moodle Learning Management System, Dynamic Forms, Parchment, Slate and other enterprise applications
- Oversee and support associated Oracle and MariaDB databases and Linux servers
- Oversee and support integrations with Banner and among other systems
- Oversee and support Moodle course templates, course content and LMS functionality, as well as course archiving in coordination with Director of Teaching and Learning Innovation Center (Instructional Support)
- Integrate Banner course offerings, assigned instructors and enrolled students into Moodle courses
- Automate Advising Course load for each advisor and their advisees
- Ensure data and systems integrations are necessary, secure and appropriately managed
- Evaluate and work with vendors and staff to choose the best integration methods based on available resources and business needs
- Monitor integrations and resolve problems or changes as appropriate
Oversee data extracts for State and Federal regulatory agencies, as well as institutional needs
- Oversee scheduling and production of data extracts and reporting for DHE HEIRS Submissions - Programs, Student Enrollment, Financial Aid (OSFA), Annual, Completions, Dual Enrollments, STEM Starter Academy, etc.
- Work with Institutional Effectiveness staff on maintenance of and enhancements to Enrollment Dashboard and other required institutional data reporting needs
- Provide data, as requested for state and federal auditors, annually
Oversee system patches and upgrades for enterprise application servers
- Monitor upgrades and patch releases for Moodle, Banner, Oracle, DegreeWorks and related servers
- Evaluate need and urgency of upgrades and patches
- Determine compatibility requirements and impact on ancillary systems
- Retrofit custom code, as impacted
- Coordinate patch application in test instances where applicable, coordinate and oversee testing and migration to production
- Manage contingency / backout plan for major systems upgrades and patches in case of unforeseen problems
- Coordinate with IT Directors and campus community to schedule and communicate system downtime and patch application windows
Manage database backup processes and application security to ensure data integrity
- Work with IT Directors to specify enterprise application systems backup requirements including scope, intervals and retention schedules.
- Coordinate disaster recovery planning and testing with the Director of Networks and Systems.
Oversee second and third tier support for enterprise systems issues
- Monitor, assign and ensure resolution on support tickets related to enterprise applications
- Oversee resolution process for duplicate IDs in Banner
- Submit tickets to appropriate vendor as needed and follow up on recommended resolutions
Manage budget for enterprise application related expenses including hardware, software licensing and maintenance, consulting services and other ancillary expenses
- Oversee appropriate maintenance, licensing and service contracts for enterprise applications and associated consulting services or utility products
- Annually review enterprise applications budget in consultation with CIO
- Identify potential projects and work with appropriate staff to draft requirements, specifications and timelines
- Assign work to staff as necessary and monitor progress
- Manage projects for upgrades, installation and integration of new products, and requested enhancements to existing functionality
This position manages four Systems/Programmer Analyst positions. This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this area. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Campus and State policies and applicable employment laws and bargaining agreements. Supervisory responsibilities include: interviewing, recommending for hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; appropriately affirming or correcting employee conduct; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field, or equivalent years of IT related experience at a supervisory level
- Five (5) years experience working with enterprise level application systems
- Five (5) years supervisory experience in an IT setting.
- In-depth understanding of best practices for enterprise systems including cybersecurity, data storage and access, and federal and state regulation compliance
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND APTITUDES:
- Systems analysis and design on multiple platforms including both Windows and Linux OS
- Relational Database expertise in either Oracle or SQL platforms
- Supervisory experience with technical teams
- Project management experience managing large, complex, technically challenging enterprise application projects
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts and logic to non-technical colleagues
- Knowledge of auditing requirements for enterprise systems
- Master's Degree in an IT related field
- Three (3) years experience working with enterprise application systems in a higher education setting
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity
- Experience with Ellucian Banner products
- Experience with Moodle Learning Management System
- Understanding of FERPA, accessibility, and similar requirements
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
RANK AND SALARY: $105,000-$110,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience
START DATE: September 26, 2022 or ASAP therafter
This position may be eligible for a hybrid or remote schedule.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online.
To apply click on the "Apply Now" button, you will be prompted to setup a new account or login to an existing account. You will be able to upload the following required documents for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for 5 professional references
When preparing your cover letter and resume, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.
Successful completion of a CORI check WILL be required as a condition of employment. Official copies of all academic transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
All Employees must have COVID-19 Vaccination.
Review of applications will begin with those received up to and including August 27, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Greenfield Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*