- Full time 12 months fixed term, office based
- Opportunity to use your administrative experience to support the research teams of the Clinical Trial Centre
- Base Salary $73,751 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre (CTC) and the Faculty of Medicine and Health are looking for an administrative assistant to provide administrative support for the centre. The administrative assistants' duties will include general management of the phone lines, taking charge of the CTC admin email address and answering all general queries about the centre.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide general administrative services to the centre
- coordinate meetings and diary management
- assist with catering orders for events/meetings
- order general office supplies
- undertake general receptionist duties
- manage the CTC email address and phone line, answering all general queries
- assist in keeping the CTC intranet up to date
- undertake other ad hoc tasks as required to support the functions of the CTC
- has relevant experience preferably gained within a health or research environment
- has high level administrative skills including effective time management and task prioritisation
- has highly developed computing and social media skills
- has excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Mouhamed El Chami Recruitment Operations by email to Mouhamed.email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 13 September 2022 11:59 PM
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*