Post-Doctoral Associate - Swine Nutrition
Post-Doctoral Associate - Swine Nutrition
Full Job Description
- PhD in swine nutrition.
- Experience with analysis of dataset from animal production and microbiome and metabolome datasets.
- Experience in evaluation of nutrient requirements and using mathematical modeling to understand optimal nutrient levels in feeding programs for pigs.
- Experience in applied statistical methods including big data analyses.
Classification & Title: 9546, Post-doctoral Associate – Swine Nutrition
College/Admin Unit: College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences
Campus Location: St. Paul Campus
Assignments and expectations while working on during the first year with the swine nutrition and health group at the Department of Animal Science of the University of Minnesota. These are based on current funded projects.
- Measuring in vitro digestibility, fermentation and gas production of various diets containing indigestible protein and fiber. In addition, the person will collect samples for microbiota metagenomic analysis and possibly metabolomic analyses. You will help in running the assays and analyzing the data and writing the final report.
- Measuring the survival of African swine fever virus surrogate (EhV) during pepsin and pancreatin in vitro assays. This task includes assisting in virus growth, quantification, and preparation for in vitro assays, running in vitro assays with pepsin-pancreatin, data analysis and interpretation.
- Assisting in bioinformatics analysis of partly collected dataset from transcriptome, microbiome, and animal performance.
- Finally, in coordination with your supervisor, seek potential new projects to fund new research based on mutual interest, we want to listen to your ideas and motivations.
The College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences (CFANS) is composed of 13 academic departments, 10 research and outreach centers across Minnesota, plus the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, the Bell Museum, and dozens of interdisciplinary centers that span the college, the university, and the globe. CFANS offers thirteen undergraduate majors and thirteen graduate majors, three pre-major/pre-professional programs and 23 minors for undergraduate students. Undergraduate enrollment in the college is about 2000 students. CFANS students are well-prepared for a diverse, multicultural workforce through the college’s emphasis on experiential, interdisciplinary, and intercultural learning; internships and global perspectives. At CFANS, we aim to inspire minds, nourish people, and enhance the natural environment, and we believe that's only possible if everyone feels seen, heard and respected. Our College embraces equity and diversity and prioritizes purpose-driven scientific discovery in order for us to build a better tomorrow, together. We align with the University of Minnesota in providing equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
The Department of Animal Science is recognized nationally and internationally for its excellent research, teaching, and extension programs in animal agriculture and animal biology. Our faculty members have received national recognition for the quality of their classroom instruction and attention to student needs and concerns. www.ansci.umn.edu
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
For questions regarding this position, please contact: Pedro Urriola, 612-624-1244, email@example.com.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to comply with the University’s Administrative Policy: COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or religious reasons. To learn more please visit: https://safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/get-the-vax
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*