This job has Expired
Associate Dir, Learning Design
Associate Dir, Learning Design
Full Job Description
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We are advocating for policies to protect them. We are working to radically improve the health care they receive. We are pioneering research to find solutions. We are empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we are building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
About this Position:
The Associate Director of Learning Design reports to the Director of Learning and Development and is a member of the Human Resources team. This role works collaboratively with functional leadership across the organization to identify, develop and implement training to address both current employee skill gaps as well as emerging skillsets needed for the March of Dimes workforce to meet future strategic priorities, specifically with our Market Impact department.
Working with the Director of Learning and Development and team to shape talent development strategies, the Associate Director of Learning Design also designs learning paths that support career development and career path progression within the organization. There is a large portion of this role’s focus that is on the Market Impact Department, but will support other learning needs as well. Partnering with subject matter experts internally, this position will conduct needs assessments for higher level learning. The position actively seeks out innovative ways to enhance the transfer of learning and deepen the learning experience through best practices and will have a supporting role with internal Learning Management System. Partnering with the onboarding learning team member is critical, creating a seamless transition from staff’s onboarding timeline into intermediate and advanced learning opportunities as well as new skills as needed.
What You Will Do:
Learning Development Design & Needs Assessments
- Continuously partner with Market Impact department leadership as well as others across the organization to identify and develop opportunities for a sustainable framework to give employees the skills they need to address current and future business needs, as well as address career development pathways. Majority of focus will be on skill gaps for Market Impact staff, but other departments will be supported.
- Leverage data to inform key audience selection and develop a deep understanding of needs in terms of competencies through close collaboration with functional leaders.
- Contribute thought leadership to the Learning & Development and Human Resources’ overall talent development strategy and priorities.
- Develop strong partnerships with subject matter experts across the organization to co-create learning solutions as needed.
- Develop a value proposition and respective implementation plan for each upskilling initiative.
Role Skill Development
- Building off our core competencies for leadership behavior internally, creating per department necessary skills needed for staff to be successful in their roles, beginning and focusing on the Market Impact department.
- Create, implement, and evaluate skillset landscape for each department, focusing on the Market Impact department.
- Partner with recruiting team to identify key skills to look for per department when hiring.
- Collaborate with Human Resources leadership to ensure performance management (Goals and Objectives) plans incorporate role based skills that we are training towards.
Instructional Design and Coaching
- Develop and design material, coordinate, and review content, and incorporate current technology in developing curricula to address gaps in skills or emerging skills needed.
- Coach Subject Matter Experts on facilitating live and recorded learning as needed.
- Articulate the measurement tools and process to assess the impact of the development strategy.
- Apply innovative approaches for learner experience, ensure continual improvement mechanisms are in place, and provide scalable solutions that drive tangible business impact for curriculum developed.
- Conduct external research to identify new trends and best practices to integrate leading learning approaches into the upskilling and reskilling programs.
LMS and L&D Team Support
- Support the deployment of learning programs in the organization’s LMS.
- Utilize knowledge of LMS capabilities to recommend delivery strategies that yield a rich, meaningful, and dynamic end-user experience.
- Collaborate with L&D team members to share responsibilities around upcoming classes, meetings, orientation, and other ongoing learning opportunities.
- Coordinate and conduct large e-learning events as well as management of tracking and data results.
- Support L&D team projects as needed.
What We Would Like From You:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 5-7 years related experience required preferably in talent development, learning and development, human resources development, donor development and/or nonprofit management.
- Strong project management experience, presentation skills, and verbal and written communications.
- Experience using a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Experience using tools such as Articulate, Camtasia, PowToons, Canva and other software to support learning resources is a plus.
March of Dimes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*