Post-Doctoral Research Associate
Post-Doctoral Research Associate
Full Job Description
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $49,350.00 per year
Rate of Pay
$49,350 / Commensurate with experience
Type of Position
If Part-Time, specify hours per week
If Part-Time, specify number of weeks
Position Reports To (Title)
Scope of Position
This postdoctoral position is part of an NSF-funded project focused on the ecological effects of global climate change on phenology across time and space. The wider project integrates i_) fine-scale spatial NEON data with mathematical theory, ii) preliminary research, and iii_) new conceptual frameworks to forecast the effects of global change on biodiversity from local to global scales by understanding the phenological responses of species to variability in present-day climate. The 2-year position will be based at the National Great Rivers Research and Education Center (NGRREC) – located on the banks of the Mississippi River just outside of St Louis MO – with collaborators at the University of Notre Dame and Virginia Tech.
Key Measurable Expectations
- Conduct research on the ecological effects of global climate change on phenology across time and space, using some combination of:
- Mechanistic theory
- Laboratory experiments
- Compilation and analysis of published data;
- Collaborate with NGRREC scientists on other mission-oriented research;
- Preparation and submission of scientific manuscripts and research grants;
- Assist in the day-to-day running of the laboratory, including collaboration with and monitoring of less senior members.
- A Ph.D. in Ecology or related discipline is required by the start date;
- Strong quantitative skills;
- Experience with the compilation, management, and analysis of large ecological datasets;
- Some experience with conducting laboratory and/or field experiments (and associated statistical analyses);
- Solid publication record (commensurate with experience);
- The ability to work independently and in larger groups;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:30 , Some Evenings , Some Weekends
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of applications will begin October 1st and will continue until the position is filled.
Lewis & Clark Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, LCCC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. It is also the policy of the College to prohibit any form of harassment based on an individual’s protected status, such as gender, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or other protected group status as defined by law. If interested, please contact the Human Resource Department, Erickson Hall – Room 107.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*