132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Academic Advisor - Floater
Academic Advisor - Floater
- Requisition ID: EDU05H3
- Number of Openings: 1
- Shift: Day Job
- Posting End Date: Sep 9, 2022
Nature of duties
- Assist students in developing and personalizing an education plan
- Disseminate information on institutional policies and procedures
- Review and interpret placement and other standardized test scores and course prerequisites
- Understand the institution's interpretation of FERPA rules for the release of student information to faculty, parents, students, etc.
- Monitor student registration activities and recommend solutions to academic difficulties and maintain accurate electronic records of interactions with students and to be their advocate when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field *and* Two (2) years of related work experience
- Note: Experience may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis
- Two or more years’ experience in academic advising or related direct student support in a post-secondary institution
- Experience with a student information system such as Banner, DegreeWorks, or other student advisement information system
- Master’s degree in a related field
Based on qualifications. Benefits include paid state holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits Program.
Method of Application
Interested candidates must complete the electronic application process prior to the closing date at the WGTC Job Center.
The Technical College System of Georgia and West Georgia Technical College do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law) in educational programs, activities, admissions or employment. All applicants will be considered; however, only selected applicants may be interviewed. Approval of employment does not constitute a contract. Continued employment is contingent upon job performance and funding.
- Unofficial Transcripts, resume, and proof of applicable certifications\licensure are required for consideration. Official transcripts and prior employment verification required within 30 days of hire for continuous employment.
- Selected candidate must successfully complete a background check to include employment references, criminal history, and verification of employment prior to hire.
- West Georgia Technical College is not currently sponsoring work visas at this time.
- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*