Job Title:Adjunct Dental Hygiene Clinical Instructor
11400 ROBINWOOD DR
Hagerstown, MD, 21742-6514
Job Category:Adjunct, Part-time
Minimum Experience:2 Years
Required Degree:2 Year Degree
Name:Human Resources Office
The part-time dental hygiene instructor, under the direction of the Program Coordinator supervises, instructs, and evaluates both first and second year students in the clinical component of the Dental Hygiene Program.
Available clinical sessions include morning, afternoon, and evening.
A. The part-time dental hygiene instructor reports directly to and is responsible to the Dental Hygiene Program Coordinator.
B. The position provides supervision to first and second year students enrolled in the Dental Hygiene Program.
C. The part-time dental hygiene instructor coordinates most closely with the dental hygiene faculty, staff, students, and patients. In addition, this instructor works closely with the health sciences director, staff, and faculty.
A. Major duties of the position ranging from the most to least important.
1. Provides clinical instruction and direction to students in accordance with program objectives.
2. Critiques students’ clinical performance to insure clinical competence.
3. Maintains appropriate clinical performance records, including clinical assessments and competencies, student conference forms, and attendance records.
B. Minor duties of the position ranging from the most to least important.
1. Attend meetings as planned by the Dental Hygiene Program Coordinator to keep abreast of Program calibration and to provide feedback on the clinical education component of the Program.
2. Attend continuing education functions to stay current with educational and technological advancements.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduate of an accredited dental or dental hygiene school through the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). The faculty member must have a 4-year degree with a minimum of two years of current dental hygiene experience. The faculty member must be licensed or eligible for licensure from the Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners. Documented background in current educational methodology concepts including teaching methodology, evaluation and assessment consist with teaching assignments required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong organizational and writing skill; attention to detail, excellent advising/counseling skills. Dental software experience required. Computer literate. Effective oral and written communication skills, student centered-approach, and an ability to interact effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty and patients. CPR/BLS for the Healthcare Provider current certification required.
This position is considered open until filled. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled and considered closed