SAF/IS Regional Program Director
SAF/IS Regional Program Director
Full Job Description
Relationship Management and Community Outreach: Represents the Red Cross in the local community and is accountable for achieving performance targets. Serves as the “face” of the Red Cross at assigned location.
- Builds strong relationships with military leadership, key organizations, and community leaders.
- Cultivates relationships and partnerships with external constituents in the local community, including government organizations, corporate partners, civic organizations, and other community charitable and nonprofit agencies with the purpose of furthering the mission of the Red Cross.
- Ensures a year-around public relations program to maintain public goodwill and strengthen financial and logistical support within the military community and command while increasing community awareness, participation, and commitment to the Red Cross.
- Responsible for the delivery of overall targets / goals and for strategic and operational management / oversight of reporting units and providing direction and strategy for improved performance.
- Provides supervision of both paid and volunteer staff and ensures all aspects of the Volunteer Process and cycle are followed in accordance with Volunteer Resources policies and procedures. Ensures leadership volunteers are in place at all levels and that volunteers are engaged and utilized effectively.
- Provides supervision of both paid and volunteer Service Delivery staff and programs at multiple geographically separate units.
- Works in conjunction with the Division SAF-IS Manager and the Regional SAF-IS team to ensure programs and events are implemented consistently within their region.
- Ensures consistent and quality services to military treatment facilities and VA hospitals throughout region.
- Ensures community outreach, and implementation of special events and projects in support of SAF and IS U.S. initiatives throughout region.
- Accountable throughout region for management of support services to military members and their families to include family follow-up, information and referrals, and other related services.
- Ensures strong community relations and outreach to increase SAF and IS U.S. awareness and presence.
- Accountable for overall Region Management of financial and administrative functions in accordance with policies and procedures of American Red Cross.
- Partner with Regional COE teams (VSCOE / SDCOE) to analyze collected data, identify trends, and make appropriate recommendations to Division Director.
- Provides supervision of both paid and volunteer staff and management of all related human resources functions including recruitment, training, utilization, evaluation, and recognition within the region in accordance with Red Cross policies and procedures.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, human resources management, community organization, social or health sciences, or related field is required; or related equivalent experience.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years related work experience in program management or related field is required. Experience with American Red Cross programs and services are desired.
Skills & Abilities: Requires strong computer skills. Public speaking skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing are required. Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in an individual or team environment. The ability to balance multiple priorities is essential. Familiarity with military culture, regulations and protocol is strongly desired. Experience with American Red Cross programs and services is strongly desired.
Travel: Travel may be required.
- Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here:
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*